Author Topic: WET PAWS  (Read 1797 times)

pntalbot

• Half Acre
WET PAWS
« on: May 21, 2006, 15:28:17 »
Whilst we are all having this Rain, it is an absolute pain in the neck, when the dog comes in from the back Garden all wet ,from being on the lawn /garden. We dry our dog off ,with a large Towel --what do you use ? ?

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: WET PAWS
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 16:01:21 »
Same thing.. Large old towel. Last week Lorna took Elsa for a walk down the lane, she came back filthy (King Charles with stomach too near the ground!!) whilst she was out son and daughter-in-law came. Donna adores Elsa so as soon as she saw Donna she made one flying leap to get on Donna's lap. I caught her almost in mid air and took her to the kitchen. ;D

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 18:41:29 »
Old towels and/or old sheets, both bought from the local charity shops.   With the rain we've been having we're using three per day.....oh, the joys of having a VERY large dog that needs lots of walks (gsd x great dane)

cc
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 21:11:19 »
;D ;DCC See my post under rain today, I am wondering if I can get stilts for Elsa to get her belly higher up ::) ::)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 09:42:45 »
Meggie is in and out all day and it's really muddy here.  She doesn't want to go out when it's raining though so I don't have to dry her.  It's the muddy paws that are a problem.  I try to direct her into the kitchen but she sometimes goes into the lounge and dirty paw marks lead to her chair.  >:(  It comes off though when it's dry.   :)

When she gets really dirty I have to give her a bath or shower but there is not really much point doing it this weather as she would only get dirty again.  We are in and out of the house a lot at the moment and everytime we go into the garden she's out too.  She has her own old towels, bath mat and baby shampoo. 

pntalbot

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 09:48:38 »
pntalbot again,
                     Wife & I have now bought `Wickes` decorators sheet,so our GSD has her feet dried/cleaned first,then steps on sheet above, in our Utility room,before she goes into rest of house. BL...Y  RAIN,when will it stop.

karrot

• Half Acre
  • It was a hard days digging!!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 23:34:15 »
it takes me 10 minutes to kick Bella outside, she hates getting herself wet, I'm stood there out in the rain myself shouting "last weewee's Bella", "be quick"
then when we are back in she has a complete fit, paws slipping all over the place jumping up at me, me trying to grab flying paws with towel. oh such fun

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal