Author Topic: Swing Seat  (Read 4767 times)

cardinalflower

• Half Acre
  • Love the smell of lilacs .....
Re: Swing Seat
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 09:17:53 »
Wow mimi, the swing seat looks so beautiful ..... like something out of  'Pride & Prejudice' you're so lucky  :D

CFx

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 09:31:52 »
fabby dooooooooo.  Just love the swing seat but it all looks thoroughly professional.

Lots of jobs very well done.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 12:42:38 »
Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! I am even more impressed. Kindly send that man to me.I can swap for a golfing, bridge playing, television watching Bearded wonder.
(but he erected a very nice shed recently)
Loved the pergola in particular.
Smile, it confuses people.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 14:05:36 »
Thanks for the offer Maggie but I think Ill stick ta.  Hmmmmm after seeing Jerry's (Sanders) new greenhouse I feel a project coming on  ;)  ;D
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 20:25:46 »
Oh well Mimi, no harm in trying. Perhaps Jerry will swap.  ;D ;D ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 21:30:25 »
A very beautiful swing seat, what fantastic team work, you could make a fortune, building, dressing and selling those  ;D

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 21:53:04 »

This one is at Doddington Hall garden - worth a visit

Will try to post some pictures of flowers. 

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 21:08:40 »
Mimi. Fantastic., love the bridge.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 21:54:52 »
Thanks for all the kind comments.  I wish Honeybee  ::).  Don't do it to make pennies......... but to save pennies. Most of the projects are made from either old wood or reclaimed wood. We have (unfortunately) champagne taste and fizzy pop pockets.  It amazes me what people will pay for rubbish jobs.  One lady (who came to pick up some plants that I had offered on freecycle) had saved for some years to have a proper job done of her pond.  She had a cowboy (husband of a friend   ::) ) make a pond, the liner of which is now breaking up after one year.  It had no edging ...no marginal shelving. and a lot fewer plants than lead to believe she would have.  It cost in total over £1,600  and it is now browny green and foul smelling.  That is the main reason why we do things ourself.  Well while we can anyway.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 14:42:25 »
Oh Mimi - what wonderful things your hubbie makes - just love the swing seat and all the other things he's turned his hand to.....a true 'natural' craftsman who obviously loves what he's doing.....congrats to you both....you've also a pretty 'nifty hand' with a needle  ;)

you must get great satisfaction out of using things that you've both 'had a hand' in making.

H.P.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2006, 16:55:12 »
Absolutely fantastic swing seat Mimi! What a talented OH you have got.  That and the other woodworking things are fabulous! Great recycling ethos too. We are the same and have allsorts of things in our house made from recycled wood.  It is a crime what they throw away or burn these days. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal