Author Topic: Donations to the site  (Read 7578 times)

Mrs Gumboot

• Acre
Re:Donations to the site
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2004, 13:37:33 »
Tim - as I mentioned, my husband runs one which started out costing us about £20 a year. I know how these things escalate. Plus I hate it when complanies try to fleece people.

Maybe it's to do with me being a skinflint! ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re:Donations to the site
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2004, 21:58:11 »
Maybe it's to do with me being a skinflint!  

Thrifty Girl thrifty, nowt wrong with that. ;D

Roy ;D

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
Re: Donations to the site
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 19:37:09 »
Merry Crimbo Dan[/size]

Gonna make a donation as soon as more funds are available M8.. which is tomoz... is a my way of saying merry crimbo Dan.. is good site, echoes real life in so many ways, and we feel we can share things here, be it the good or the bad and the sad.... Nice one Dan and all the best for 2005 which is the year of the rooster in chinese  Horology.. Heres wishing you all good things for 2005 Dan.

Ozzy/Ciaran

:-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 19:39:41 by Ozzy »

Deleted

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2005, 11:02:07 »
Hi Dan,

Just found this bit, so haven't donated so far. I build web sites, sell domain names and host sites, so I'm glad you have changed your host - you were being a far over charged for the service. I also notice quite a bit of advertising now, which will bring in a reasonable amount of revenue.

I know what its like changing from doing a site for recreation, to running it as a commercial concern - there's a sticky bit in the middle when its costing more money to do, you need to get an income from it, and you don't want to put people off. The free php software for bulletin boards is handy these days (how did we survive without them?!).

We have a residents site where i live - with a bulletin board (forum) - that i run, host and generally 'sort out', yet is free at the moment although it personally costs me £40 every a year to do for hosting it and the domain name, plus my not inconsiderable time. We don't have advertising yet on the site, but that's my next move to generate income.

How about a small optional fixed price subsription? On the forums, you could have 'subscribers' along side 'free', or 'guest', users - so it would not exclude anyone. You can make some areas of the forum accesible only to subscribers. The 'free' users would not be able to access the subsription-only areas. For example, the seed-swap area is a prime topic to be available only to subscribers.

Just a suggestion.
Dawn

MaidstoneMark

• Not So New ...
  • Mark - newbie lottie-lover in Maidstone
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 22:06:24 »
Hi Dan,

Just found the site today and was so impressed that this thing has grown so organically; so refreshing to find a site totally by and for the people who care about it.

I've just made a little donation (all I can afford at the mo Im afraid!!) which has come off my PayPal account, however, your site froze up at the end of the transaction; please confirm money received safely.

Keep up the brilliant brilliant work,

Mark
Plant & it will grow! (Apparently)

adrianhumph

• Acre
  • Camberley, Surrey.
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2005, 07:57:13 »
 Hi Dan,  :D
                    thanks for running a really great site, I have tried twice via paypal to donate £5, but it just keeps saying that I am inputting the figures incorrectly, am I really stupid (no don`t answer that ) how many ways of entering £5 are there ???

Adrian.

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2005, 09:06:28 »
Are you entering the £ sign ?

It is not needed - that could be the problem.

Cheers

Dan

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2005, 01:32:48 »
Dan I have tried to donate with paypal and had probs, have used it before on other sites with no probs!??   Will try again though!  ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal