Author Topic: Monty Don tknow his arse from his elbow.  (Read 16567 times)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
Re: Monty Don tknow his arse from his elbow.
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2006, 08:39:54 »
He's good eye-candy though. I can't imagine Percy or Alan in boxer shorts .. whereas Monty ....   ;)
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2006, 08:53:33 »
Oh no Trix, I don't think I can ever forgive you for implanting that mental image!!!

Brian

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2006, 08:55:31 »
I bet she's worn out that bit on the Gardener's World dvd where he falls into the lake and gets all wet.  ;)
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 08:56:34 »
MWUAHAHAAAA  ;D

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 09:05:16 »
I love GW too as it is the start of the weekend for me too. BUT I do get frustrated by the -  here is one we made earlier - where they disappear off to some "experts garden" who waffles on for an age and I totally switch off!! I want practical advice, I can read the magazine for the inspirational stories.

AND what about the chilli trial?? totally brushed over it. Are we meant to plant them today/ next week? 2 weeks ago in different types of compost and no one told us???? Confused  ???

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2006, 09:18:22 »
Eye Candy??????? Monty Don in his y-fronts, errgghh my dear, ive got this picture in my head that i dont want there!!!!

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2006, 09:21:39 »
I just tried looking in google images for "Monty Don underwear" for a picture to confirm our imaginings.

Unluckily (luckily?) I couldn't find one.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 09:53:50 by DenBee »
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2006, 09:51:27 »
Alan Titchmarsh has always been my favourite gardener. 

I remember when he first appeared on BBC's Breakfast Time in a gardening slot.  He was very shy and appealed to many of the viewers especially the women who liked his coy unassuming manner.  The presenters Frank Bough and Selina Scott were always amazed by the volume of mail he got and they would joke about it and he became embarrassed. 

Someone obviously saw his potential and very suddenly he became a star overnight.  He presented Pebble Mill and other programmes unconnected with gardening.  In the end though it was back to gardening and after all, this was his background having been to Agricultural college and worked at Kew.  He then became a horticultural journalist and was deputy editor of Amateur Gardening magazine.

For me then Alan Titchmarsh remains my favourite.  He still has a certain innocence, has no airs and graces and doesn't seem to have changed by having fame and fortune.   He knows his onions too.    ;D ;D ;D

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2006, 09:59:31 »
My all-time favorate garden presenter was the late Harry Dodson from the Victorian Kitchen Garden, now he had earned his stripes! I wish they would repeat the series.

Brian

tezz brown

• Not So New ...
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2006, 10:15:03 »
Tonight on BBC Gardeners World the big chief was doing a Chit/No chit trial. and said to chit potato's in a warm sunny spot. Have I been wrong all these years in doing it in a light frost free cool position?

Brian
our lass thinks he is great and i am a waste of time and space,...i hate the guy,..

NeilB

• Not So New ...
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2006, 10:40:54 »
My all-time favorate garden presenter was the late Harry Dodson from the Victorian Kitchen Garden, now he had earned his stripes! I wish they would repeat the series.

Brian

Totally agree!! I have this series on DVD and just continually watch it back to back!. :)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2006, 10:55:37 »
I notice nobody's mentioned Carol Klein or Joe Swift- I like Carol, she really knows her stuff, although I don't think she's that comfortable as a presenter.Same goes for Joe, but as someone said above- bring back Chris Beardshaw- goodlooking AND knowledgeable!

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2006, 10:59:32 »
Well I'm with Molly Bloom on this one....way back on page one of this thread.  I miss Geoff Hamilton too.  Just got one of his old vids out from the library to watch on a miserable wet windy non gardening day off.  Remember Paradise gardens?  this series showed him creating two cottage gardens a 'gentlemans' garden and an 'artisans' garden.. He also visited lots of cottage gardens to see how is is done.. fab series FAB gardener and such a nice guy too. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh
Me too Gardenantics... Proper gardeners not that many of them around on telly now.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2006, 11:46:19 »
I liked Geoff Hamilton too. I actually found "paradise gardens" quite inspirational and still use both the book and the video.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2006, 12:23:33 »
Me too Grawc... I just loved the two old dears in the series too.  I remember saying to OH that I wanted to grow old like the 93 year old lady who was still sowing seeds with arthritic crippled hands and tootling around the garden with a walking stick to help her... bless.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2006, 12:32:50 »
Monty Don is a jewellery designer, nuff said. Personally, I'm still mourning the loss of Geoff Hamilton

Absolutely right

He's good eye-candy though. I can't imagine Percy or Alan in boxer shorts .. whereas Monty ....

That's just weird/questionable taste

I always get the feeling that Monty would have to consult a book when asked difficult questions....................................................... Geoff wrote the book

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2006, 13:31:29 »
With a name like Monty Don, you can bet he went to public school, and was more than likely the producers f*g in his school days, It's not what you know, it's who you know, and in television it's What you know about who you know, if you know what I mean????? I think I just went off on one there. Anyway, underpants or not, I can't take to him.

Brian

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2006, 13:32:52 »
Or dictated it to someone else while he was planting.. (Geoff Hamilton that is). Very much in touch with the soil.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2006, 14:13:50 »
With a name like Monty Don, you can bet he went to public school, and was more than likely the producers f*g in his school days, It's not what you know, it's who you know, and in television it's What you know about who you know, if you know what I mean????? I think I just went off on one there. Anyway, underpants or not, I can't take to him.

Brian

Well that's not very charitable IS it Brian  ;D

Anyway. All that is left for me to do on this thread is to mention the words "BOTTLE OF BABY OIL" and my visual imagery suggestion work here is done  ;D

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2006, 14:16:32 »
P.S. I've got the Victorian Kitchen Garden series on DVD and Harry is my absolute FAVE bloke! Didn't know he'd died. Very sad  :-[

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal