Author Topic: Am I stupid??  (Read 1328 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Am I stupid??
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:15:27 »
I swear that I posted this yesterday, but have given up searching. I said "so slow".

Sorry if it's a repeat.

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
Re: Am I stupid??
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 12:40:06 »
Yes, slow as a slow thing going very slow.

I earthed up my early indoor spuds at the weekend, Mimi and Foremost. Looking back at the diary that was a whole 3 weeks later than last year with a planting date much the same.

Though I have noticed the last week since the weather warmed up a tad things moving better, the daffs nearly opened up over night.

Jerry
Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 12:49:51 »
Havnt put mine in yet, the weekend hopefully, but beautiful day for it here in the sunny Cotswolds.

Ceratonia

• Acre
  • Cambridge
    • Personal (non-allotment) blog
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 13:51:51 »
Though I have noticed the last week since the weather warmed up a tad things moving better, the daffs nearly opened up over night.

One of the villages near me has an annual "daffodil weekend" and has done so since the 1960s - attracts thousands of visitors. They've planted several tons of daffodil bulbs around the village, with a mix of early/mid/late flowering times, so the display normally lasts quite a few weeks.

This year, the event was the weekend just gone and there were hardly any daffodils actually in flower - first time since 1979 they've had this problem. Today, though, 3 days later, the place is blooming.

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 14:34:37 »
i planted two pots with dafidils (15 in each ) mini type placed them both at my living room window one eather side  on the day i got them (after reading lable it was thr right time to plant one has flowers and the other has 2inch of green and thats it  the window is the sunnest place (outside ) if weather is dry i water if we get rain i dont  oh well at leaset ill get some more daffs in a few weeks tiime

Diana

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 16:48:43 »
Tim - glad you mentioned this. I'm trying indoor pots for the first time this year + was beginning to think I'd done it wrong.

Mine aren't quite so far as yours, but then I'm in Scotland + the greenhouse is unheated.

When did you plant yours?

D
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 17:20:34 »
Wherever I put the thing yesterday, if at all, I mentioned 4/3.

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 20:09:27 »
Same here Diana - yesterday (with only two plants showing) I was feeling tempted to root around and see what was going on, but resisted.  This evening, another one had put in an appearance, so some hope yet.
Rest go in over the weekend/ next week on the allotment  (once I finish the clearing up  :-[ :-[ )

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal