Author Topic: A nice surprise.  (Read 1383 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
A nice surprise.
« on: February 24, 2006, 20:31:58 »
As some of you know I have put up various feeders to encourage birds into my garden., This evening Lorna (jnr) came round and said "A little present for you" When I looked it is a bird table (flat pack). Lorna said I will put it together for you on Sunday as I have to work on Saturday.. It is untreated wood so I said  I will  treat it tomorrow with a wood preservative then it will be ready for her on Sunday.
Without sounding too mushy I sometimes wonder what I have done to deserve such smashing kids!!!! Will take a pic to show off next week.   
Lorna.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: A nice surprise.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 23:04:46 »
Brilliant news Lorna and such a nice thing for your daughter to do for you.  :D Now the birds will come flocking into your garden I'm sure.  ;D

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 23:28:05 »
Lorna, I can't look out at the birds on my feeders without wondering if you have any yet.  I check the posts in here every day looking for one from you which says that finches have arrived.  The bird table should help, especially if you can get some sunflower seeds to put on it.  I now buy my seeds from the market as they are a lot cheaper than from the pet shops.  Good luck Lorna, fingers crossed.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 23:50:09 »
Thanks Eileen & Pauline. Still no sign of any finches and the niger seed doesn't seem to have gone any lower. In fact I  am wondering if in the high winds we had somehow the feeder has been flicked about and lost some feed. Still I  thoroughly enjoy watching the birds who visit. The sparrows sometimes number as many as 20 the starlings the same, causing havoc with their squabbling and I still have my blackbirds. I was pointing out the male and female blackbirds to daughter today.( He He I didn't know the difference until one of you told me 8) 8))
I have found that if I cut the apples up and put them out on the lawn for the blackbirds in the morning the starlings pinch most of them I now put the apples out in the afternoon and the blackbirds come along (Think the starlings are too full up from morning feed!!)
I do have sunflower seed so will try them on the bird table.
Best wishes Lorna.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal