Author Topic: Please, Please, Please if you havn't do it now!!!  (Read 4377 times)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
Re: Please, Please, Please if you havn't do it now!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2006, 19:09:46 »
yes certainly but I can see that its worth it to her and every other male dog in the area and all the unwanted puppies it could bring, I'm just not convinced chipping is needed , I hope I'm not proved wrong, but having said this I can see it has its points for some . So the advantages are, if she is stolen she could be returned, but is that it?..are there any other fors?..I am open to be convinced but nothing as yet has done it.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2006, 23:27:29 »
I have heard that vets do not routinely scan your pets and if that is the case then that is disgusting considering it is often them that persuade us to have our pets done. >:(

I have also heard that pet thieves will try to remove said chip from a stolen animal in a very primitive way. :'(

My pooch had his chip whilst under anesthetic being neutered. :)

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 15:24:02 »
Well our vet has never scanned any of our dogs, he is a good vet but why and under what circumstances do vets scan? A new dog or new person attending? Its a bit confusing .

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 17:00:14 »
My cats chip also shows his temperature when he is scanned so it saves him the indignity of having a thermometer shoved up his wotsit.
Get with the beat Baggy

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 08:16:37 »
;D ;D ;D

flowerofshona

• Half Acre
  • Life is a lottie
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 09:18:30 »
If your dog is a pedigree and is micro chipped the vet SHOULD scan it every time you have its jabs done and the numbers checked on his paper work !!
Personally i think every dog in the country wether pedigree or not should have a chip in and then when a dog is 'dumped' or ill treated the owners can be traced and taken to court !!! Sorry but i have seen way to many hurt dogs both mentally and physically and anything that cuts it down would be wonderful.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 18:41:30 »
I think if your dog is chipped then when s/he is reported missing the company you registered with alerts police vets etc. I suppose then they would scan any dogs ressembling your pet's description? DOn't really know.

Suzy's chip is under the skin on her left side - rump. It clearly irritates her if we touch it inadvertently when stroking her.

If she were stolen - not that I think she will be - it would be the work of 5 minutes to locate and remove the chip. (IMHO)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal