Author Topic: More Deal's From Lidl  (Read 11785 times)

grassroots

• Half Acre
  • If at first you dont succeed GIVE UP.
More Deal's From Lidl
« on: February 20, 2006, 22:51:16 »
Look at this, I just got a leaflet  from Lidl as of  2nd March great gardening offers.
From Poly-Cloches and big ones, Greenhouse, Mini Greenhouse, Tool's, Pot's,
Liquid Fertiliser,Cold Frame's, and lot's more

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: More Deal's From Lidl
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 23:21:34 »
::) How much ???

grassroots

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 23:34:09 »
Large Greenhouse size (cm)192x121x165 £29.99 Mini (cm)99x59.5x31/43.5 £19.99 Poly-Cloches size(m)2x5 £3.49  Fork/Spade wood handelS/S head£7.99
Universal Fertilser 1L 99p

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 00:35:10 »
I'll be taking the morning off work by the sounds of it and queuing up...

Interesting that the leaflet is out, but their notification emails only go up to Monday 27th...

mat

ken (69)

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 15:26:00 »
Always good stuff in Lidl's...not tacky...and the price is right too.
Typical are the seeds  49pence for what elswhere would cost £1.99p.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 16:12:13 »
SERIOUS question..........how do those polycloches rate against the Poundland ones, please?

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 18:25:44 »
I would also like to know this, as I need to get some polycloches.

Poundland -v- Lidl...

...who's the winner in the polycloche stakes??  ;D

Debs

Zippy Seale

• Half Acre
  • Laughing all the way to the plot
    • The Cherry Tree Plot
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 19:03:43 »
Lidl is because Poundland in southampton never had any...lol
they say it wouldn't grow.....ha

The Cherry Tree Plot

Art of Sowing

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 21:31:25 »
OH OH OH, JUST got a Lidls here.........does that mean I have to fight all the others in the shop???
soooooooooo exciting, will send OH up, he likes a bargain and doesn't mind queueing! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

grassroots

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 21:48:03 »
SERIOUS question..........how do those polycloches rate against the Poundland ones, please?
There bigger they call them Seed Bed Protection Tunnel 2x5 metre's and come with arches pieces pegs and ropes

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 17:56:51 »
...does Gulliver come with them???  ;D

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 19:36:20 »
Here's the weblink for all the gardening offers at Lidls.  I can heartily recommend the tools as they've stood up to the abuse I've given them in the last two weeks while creating the beds.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060302.index

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060302.index
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 21:48:36 »
LIDL's offers were already out this evening!!!!!  I called in this evening on the way to my evening class to see what time they open tomorrow morning and they had ALL their offers for tomorrow already out  ;D  I came away with loads as they also had available the large "greenhouses" which were not supposed to be available in our area...

Only problem was that I didn't expect them to be available already, so forgot to get a hoe... may have to pop back again tomorrow (and empty my car in the meantime, as it is now FULL  ::)

mat

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 07:44:11 »
i've already warned the office that i'll be in late this morning (thank goodness for flexitime) so i can be on their doorstep at opening.

i hope they've still got something left.  i'm after the minigreenhouse, a hoe and i do like the ankle boots.
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 19:00:07 »
I got one of the Japanese saws for woodwork, £6.99 and I've used one before and was very impressed. They were selling them at £29.99 at the Yorkshire Show, may be better quality, but the Lidl one looks great. I got the folding pruning saw last year, and would recommend that, it works a treat, just as good as a £17.50 Felco one. The timers are good too. Keep your eyes open for more goodies please, Thanks.

Brian

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 19:53:02 »
Brian,

The pruning saw......is that the 'folding gardening saw' at £2.99, please? And any other feedback on these tool offers much appreciated,too, all.

Lishka

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 21:28:11 »
Hi Lishka,

Yes the green and black folding saw was 2.99. Went through a 2" Hawthorn branch with no effort, a great buy. I've given my vote to the slug traps coming in the next sales batch at Lidl, got some last year £1.49 the pair, plus some cheap lager, and a happy death to all slugs. I just throw the bodies into the bottom of my hedge, and they get eaten, so it's very wildlife friendly. The stainless steel tools look good, and get the thumbs up from Mutant Hobbit, good price too. Noticed they had border plants as bare rooted divisions for 59p for 2 to 3 plants, got some Eryngium, and Geranium to see how the do. They looked healthy, and fresh, with life in all the plants, so they're potted up and in the cold frame now.

Brian

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 22:15:04 »
Went early (well 9.45) and got 3 of the poly tunnel/cloches - seem great as they let air in and can be tied at each end and if the plastic doesn't last another year I can use fleece or viromesh or even net curtains!.  Going on bus so didn't get anything bigger but the minigreenhouse/coldframe looked good for £12.99.  Didn't need tools but am going to have a look in tomorrow and see what the fruit "bushes" are like - at  99p???  Might beworth trying the blueberries if they still have them............
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 00:13:23 »
I can't get there til Sunday and it's going to be quite a dash - Lidle's one end of town & Wilko's t'other......and then there's Poundland, of course :)

I'll deffo get a pruning saw & Wilko's had some good secateurs when I last looked - folding ones which are also a bit of a swiss army knife type thing - little pull out pruning blade & some other things - nothing to get stones out of horses hooves, tho ;D I'm buying stuff to take to America for my new-to-gardening family.Their local Gardening Centres are the pits for tools, so I'm welcoming all the cheapo-but-OK suggestions. Thanks.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 07:16:34 »
got there at the crack of dawn yesterday, as did a few others.

got the mini greenhouse which to put together in theory is simple as, in practice, it's not quite as easy but with a bit of filing and some judicious use of some sticky tape, it might hold together !  bit disappointed with it tbh, but what do you expect for 20 notes.  had the added disadvantage of guests arriving before i'd finished it, so it's still sitting on the spare bed waiting to be completed.  probably a good thing though as i'd nearly dismantled the whole thing and chucked it back in the car at one stage.   ::)

also got a couple of the poly tunnels, the trowel/bulb planter set (didn't have a bulb planter), a hoe (what an evil and wicked looking tool, i'm sure i'll be able to use it lots once i've learned how), new set of gloves, bag of lilies, bags of compost and bark, couple of big pots & saucers, some liquid feed but no boots or clogs  :'(

i'll go back for round two after work tonight.
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal