Author Topic: Compensation at last  (Read 6312 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Compensation at last
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 20:20:28 »
Students also tend to be hard up, articulate, clued up, and thus potentially litigious.

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 22:06:31 »
Good luck with your 'fight' Robert.
I won one last year against the bank that I had had a Mortgages with for 34 yrs., with no defaults.
They tried to screw me with a redemption charge increase of 87% - 14 days before the mortgage was paid off.
I won with no charges!
I recommend to you all, the Golden Rule. Write to the Top with copies to all who would cringe at what they are doing.
Good luck!!
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

Mac49

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 02:54:46 »
Does this apply to catalogues as well, just got charged £15 for being a week
late in paying, 1 letter £15?. by the way it was Kay's. they also said that they share
information about late payers and they would stop me having credit elswhere.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 03:01:27 by Mac49 »

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2006, 10:22:24 »
A late payment is legally a breach of contract, and a court is allowed to award no more than the actual cost; anything more is unlawful. So any 'penalty charge' is unlawful, and they can be forced to return it. Sign up at the site I gave earlier, and ask for advice. I don't know about a default, though I'd have thought this was excessive pettiness, so it may be possible to challenge it. I do know that if you can argue that you defaulted due to problems caused by previous unlawful charges, it's possible to get them removed from your record.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal