Author Topic: i bet everyones got itchy hands!!!!!  (Read 7636 times)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
i bet everyones got itchy hands!!!!!
« on: January 29, 2006, 19:52:51 »
Just been looking through my seeds, hope eveyone has a fantastic growing year!!!! Good luck all.

spacehopper

• Hectare
  • Its a jungle out there...
Re: i bet everyones got itchy hands!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 19:55:22 »
And you! Did a first sowing last night, tomatoes, peppers and chillis in paper pots. Probably too early but I'm getting impatient!
Make the most of today, because you'll never have it back again.

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 20:05:03 »
Gunnerbee,

Sorry to hijack - I've left a post on the swap shop thread and I've tried to PM you but your Inbox is full.

Can you get your outbox facility up and running again so you can PM me your details for the Mirabillis seeds I promised you?
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 20:18:03 »
Aquadulce Claudia planted in their loo roll nursery today  ::) hope it's a taste of things to come. Happy growing all  ;D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 20:20:11 »
I don't have enough loorolls yet. :'( I've spent so long training everyone to put them in the recycling that they actually do it now. ::)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 20:23:51 »
What does "This user is currently ignored" mean??

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 23:24:24 »
If you press the 'ignore' button, you don't see what's in their posts. You could have pressed it by accident; press it again to 'unignore'. It's in case there's some poster who makes your blood boil.

I've sowed nothing but a few seeds which need stratifying; the temperatures at the moment should do it nicely.

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 08:50:59 »
Ok, I will confess, my hands may be the itchiest of the lot! My warm shelf at work is already growing lettuce, tomatillo have germinated, and tomato seeds are just poking their shoots out (alicante). Am I too early to sow any aubergines?
The impossible is just a journey away ...

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 10:44:09 »
Itching hands!? HA! I'm climbing the walls!  All the seed packets are gloated over frequently, as usual there's a panic on to get the sprouts & BBeans started before missing the boat completely.

We have a house full of draughts and single glazing and the biggest window sill is 3" deep (victorians, eh?!) The garden's too small for a greenhouse and so I may just have to suprise the OH by presenting the kitchen surfaces covered in seed trays and face it out as a fait accomplis(sp?) 

I'd be seed-traying today but for my slamming my foot against the sofa the other morning leaving me a black toe and a worrisome hobble.  At least I get a day off work... ???

Curry - please can you let me know A) where you got your tomatillo seeds from & B) how they progress.  I wanted to grow some last year but was too much of a newbie to know where to find the seeds!

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 10:51:19 »
We have all of our seeds now and made our allotment plan on what will go where.  We are just waiting for the starting gun and then we are off, which will probably be next month. Know what you mean though about itchy hands, dying to get cracking. Heavy frost here today so spring a long way off yet.  busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

flowerofshona

• Half Acre
  • Life is a lottie
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 11:25:20 »
Greenhouse and propergators and grow light are all working hard Pelagoniums, lobellia, tomatoes, chillis, peas, 2nd lot of broadbeans  and brugs are all in and im waiting for the pricking out stage now :)
Fingers got to itch in hospital  ;D was all i was looking forward to and the thought of seeing the first seedling popping up was all i looked forward to :)

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 11:37:10 »
Having promised myself to wait until February before planting anything, I planted a few broad beans and some basil this weekend.  So we’re under way!

Vez1

• Half Acre
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 11:46:30 »
I have very itchy hands and am also awaiting my propogator. When that arrives I am going to be ten times worse. ;D

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 12:19:50 »
Bennettsleg, I got the tomatillo seeds from the organic garden shop at HDRA ryton, not sure what it calls itself now, is it Garden Organic? I have been told that they are far easier to grow than tomatoes, the idea of salsa verde to accompany chicken and chillie tortillas is very appealing.

The code on the packet reads TOMX 9155.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 13:21:29 by Curry »
The impossible is just a journey away ...

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 12:30:41 »
I'm trying desparately not to sow anything apart from aubergines and melons yet. Last year I found sowing some tomatoes a month later than the others made no difference to cropping times. I'm using the dining room this year rather than heating the greenhouse so the later I can start the better.

Rowan

• Not So New ...
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 13:27:01 »
Oh yes, desperately itchy but our greenhouse isn't heated and with the frosts we've been having, the temperature in there's got down to minus 8. I've got two potatoes in there which were sown in November in pots and one of those keeps getting its leaves blackened when I forget about the fleece!

Every year it's the same. Every window sill in the house gets covered with seedlings, mostly tomato seedlings. I seem to be going mad with tomatoes - I've got at least ten different varieties. The trouble is that they get leggy and pot bound and are desperate to get out when it's still frosty at night, so I'm trying very hard to wait.

I'll probably sow something when February starts, though. The beginning of Feb. always marks the beginning of the end of winter for me.  :)

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 20:32:16 »
Soooo itchy - but I started too early last year so I'm determined to be patient this time round.  I'm going to content myself with chitting potatoes and nursing things in the cold frame - I am; I am; I am ... ... ...

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006, 20:41:53 »
very very itchy hands i only got my lottie on sunday morning and to motervate my self in getting it ready iv already sown cauliflower leek tomato onion my kitchen is turning into a green house kids love it asking five times a minuet have thay grown yet (got to love there inthusasum) im drafting in as much help as i can to get it dugg in time but if a dont iv always got the plots i did at home last year ( lets hope my sowing works to motervate me lol)

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2006, 21:11:47 »
can't wait :)
dug around 70sq m today, and about another 150 to do :P

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2006, 10:48:58 »
Just discovered that I broke my toe on Sunday, so no prep work for me.  :'(

Sitting around home all day, not able to potter or get ready without sowing trays too early.  May start my leeks today if poss and to deflect gloom. Can also catch up on badly neglected reading .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal