Author Topic: Fast growing seeds for art room window sills?  (Read 1925 times)

Likes Roses

• Not So New ...
Fast growing seeds for art room window sills?
« on: March 08, 2006, 18:45:09 »
Hello!
 Im after ideas for flower seeds that are the quickest growing for children to  take photos of that  children can photograph at various stages of growing and look interesting and not too big? Please can you help?

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Re: Fast growing seeds for art room window sills?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 18:50:48 »
hello roses :D take a look at the ideas in this thread for starters:
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,57/topic,17498.0

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 20:06:39 »
My radishes have germinated in two days, they grow quickly and you can eat them after about 3-4 weeks.  The interest might come from seeing the red tips emerging from the soil against the bright green foliage?  Dunno, just a  thought, I'm no artist.  Alternately, when I was little we sprouted bean seeds in jam jars with blotting paper curled on the inside to keep the bean in place and allow the plant access to the water.  Seeing roots and leaves developing was fascinating.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 21:08:15 »
dwarf sweetpeas perhaps, or dwarf sunflowers. the sweetpeas will flower before end of summer term, sunflowers may flower later which means schools will be on summer holiday when all the excitement happens. some others could be marigolds and nasturtiums. :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Likes Roses

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 15:39:05 »
Thankyou all! for your great ideas! you have given me lots to think about and  willbuy some seeds today! ;D :) :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal