Author Topic: 60's fashions  (Read 4412 times)

reedos

• Half Acre
Re: 60's fashions
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 18:53:07 »
60's fashion for me was a terry nappy and some booties I'm afraid. But if they want to bring back mini-skirts just to show what I'd missed I guess I'd just have to put up with it. ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2005, 19:10:39 »
Thinking of getting some volunteers in to do some hand weeding reedos?
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2005, 19:44:44 »
If we're talking 60's I have to fly the flag for......

The Animals
The Who
Spencer Davis
The Small Faces
Tamla Motown
Them
The Kinks
The Yardbirds
Ready, Steady Go
Beach Boys
Scooters
Fish-tail Parkas
Zoot suits
Ska
Bluebeat

etc etc
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 00:07:45 »
Well I remember the 60s as well.  I liked PJ Proby, Billy Fury, Del Shannon, Stiff Pilchard, Elvis  music.  Eden Kane.  Oh lots of things.  I dressed up in 20inch mini skirts and remember the fashion of big bows at the back of your head to be like  PJ Proby.  Oh and the suspenders and stockings Wardy.  Great when I returned from Singpore and they were gone and tights were in.

Are you not talking about the 70s  D. t. F. 

;D ;D ;D ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 09:27:22 »
My youth started in the 60's Carol, but transferred into the 70's as well, so I remember all of that period with affection ...

I guess if I had titled this thread 70's fashions, then someone would say it was 60's  ::)   ;D

Derekthefox :D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 10:41:20 »
Why aren't any of you happening dudes and babes posting any pics so those pf us who weren't there can see what you looked like? Not brave enough eh??

Mind you, I hope no one starts an 80's thread...oh my gawd! I'm cringing.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 12:00:37 »
Like I have already said Helly, I don't have any pictures (feeling grateful for that ...)

Derekthefox :D

Carol

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 13:43:36 »
Heldi.   In the 60s  many folk didnt have cameras and then they were only used for 'high' days and holidays.  Films were expensive to develop.  When I started work in 1962 my wage was only £4.7/6 a week.  I don't think I have a picture of me as a teenager at all, shame cos I had a 'bee hive' hairdo along with the Mini Skirt.  Only real pics of me in the 60s was the Wedding Day...

:o :o :o

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 13:59:48 »
Speaking of the 60's it was sad to hear about the death the other day at home of Tony Meehan, drummer in the Shadows.  Apparently he died of injuries sustained in a fall  :(
I came, I saw, I composted

Crash

• Half Acre
  • Viva Las Vegas
    • Crash n Donnas blog
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 14:03:15 »
I was born in 65 so missed it but was part of the Mod revival in the late 70's early 80's. Thats where my love of scooters came from. We sold a 1965 LI 150 Lambretta a couple of years ago, I used to love riding that even though we couldn't go over 30 mph or it would heat seize.. Just have 2 Vespas now, they start in the mornings and keep going no matter what stick you give them.... Please don't call me a Mod now though!!!!

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2005, 14:13:10 »
Heldi. In the 60s many folk didnt have cameras and then they were only used for 'high' days and holidays. Films were expensive to develop. When I started work in 1962 my wage was only £4.7/6 a week. I don't think I have a picture of me as a teenager at all, shame cos I had a 'bee hive' hairdo along with the Mini Skirt. Only real pics of me in the 60s was the Wedding Day...

:o :o :o

I've just dug out our old 'box brownie' camera and you are quite right, the only photos we ever took on it were high days (Whit Sunday Walks) and holidays.
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2005, 19:51:39 »
Heavens...I thought I was the only one...I have three P J Proby CD's almost all of the Shadows stuff... sorry to hear that their drummer died Wardy...I hadn't seen that report.
The Governor despairs when she gets into the car and Roy Orbison's dulcet tones filters through the bodywork.

"A candy coloured clown they call the sandman"....

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2005, 20:57:30 »
They always said if you remember the sixties, you wern't there. But I traded in my brothel creepers, drainpipes and drape jacket to get a flowery shirt, flares and platform boots.

Now where did I put my cardie and slippers.

Carol

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2005, 21:00:42 »
OH Ace if you lived during the 60s you cant resort to Cardy and slippers now.  no way.  You got to stay young  LOL

;D ;D ;D ;D

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2005, 21:17:45 »
Do you remember paper clothes? I had a Mary Quant designed paper dress which was free in a magazine (can't remember which). To get the required length you just trimmed it with scissors. It lasted surprisingly well. I think you could also get paper knickers - didn't risk them!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal