Author Topic: Saw this  (Read 2536 times)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
Saw this
« on: November 30, 2005, 12:39:03 »
and got quite excited, wondered what treat we were in for in 10 years...Oh dear do you reckon I think gardening too much! ::)

http://tinyurl.com/b58ch
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Re: Saw this
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 15:34:27 »
Yes, I don't think you'd want one of those in your garden ...

Derekthefox :D

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 18:22:03 »
would'nt have to spend all that cash on paraffin for the greenhouse 'tho ;D ;D

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 18:56:04 »
Funny but it made me think of that wonderful road sign "HEAVY PLANT CROSSING" - as a kid I always expected to see a triffid-like plant lumbering across the road!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 21:36:33 »
Funny but it made me think of that wonderful road sign "HEAVY PLANT CROSSING" - as a kid I always expected to see a triffid-like plant lumbering across the road!
That's still an in car joke in our family - along with 'Blind Summat'  Keeps us amused for hours  ::)
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 22:45:54 »
Ours too - we always look out for the aspidistra  ::)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 08:36:54 »
Yep! It still tickles me! I guess I'm not the only one from a bonkers family then!!!  ;)
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 10:00:50 »
Reminds me of the Peckham Springs episode of And Only Fools and Horses, on the allotments ...  ;D ;D ;D

Derekthefox :D

paranoid mandroid

• Quarter Acre
  • It's me!
    • 21st Century Good Life?
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 10:31:42 »
i think mr blairs emphasis should be on energy efficiency rather than just providing more energy for the wasteful lives we lead.
How about making it compulsory that every new build house have 2 solar water heaters on the roof.
Every new industrial area have wind turbines which provides 10% of their electricity needs.
Every new housing development has to have a certain amount of trees planted to offset the co2 generated by the new houses.

But the government wants to put new nuculer (homer simpson spelling and pronunciation  ;D) plants everywhere. which wont produce CO2 but we do have the problem of the radioactive waste.

who do i write to with my ideas which will be sent to the nearest bin once they receive them?

Check out my blog. updated on wednesday 30th November 2005 you can say hello to my chickens ;D
http://21stcenturygoodlife.blogspot.com/

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 12:45:35 »
I agree PM, we were wondering also why they didn't make it compulsory for house builders to install solar panels and other energy saving devices.  Also I am sure industry could be far more ecological.  There is so much waste in this country.

On another tack, I heard that all the garden rubbish which is put into the brown bins everyone has been given in our area, is actually going up to Scotland, so no community compost  to be had for people in my area, which is a bit annoying.  busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 14:17:34 »
Why don't you become an mp, PM, ...sounds like I'm talking in code ;D...You've got all the right credentials, a love of gardening, a constituency on here...and those looks! wow if I were 40 years younger ;D you can have my vote any day. ;D ;) ::)

paranoid mandroid

• Quarter Acre
  • It's me!
    • 21st Century Good Life?
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 15:15:52 »
val - you certainly know how to make someone feel good - thanks :D
unfortunately im in northern ireland and there are no proper politicians over here and i cant see there being any for years to come. however if devolution gets up and running - who knows? half of them are ex-terrorists and those who aren't are certainly racists. ah well off the soapbox for now.

obviously you dont need any qualifications to become a politician other than membership of a party (the parties are a joke over here too) but how does it come about so that you can run in a local election? i have always wondered that. can anyone enlighten me?
Check out my blog. updated on wednesday 30th November 2005 you can say hello to my chickens ;D
http://21stcenturygoodlife.blogspot.com/

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 19:58:42 »
No qualifications to be an MP of course you need qualifications.

You have to be a devout coward, lie like a trooper, be as full of hot air as a balloon....Oh and enjoy loads of freebie holidays

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 21:52:44 »
Don't forget a talent for toeing the party line, doing U-turns, and having no principles.

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 15:29:19 »
 ;D ;D ;DYou are so right Derek and Robert, in fact I nominate you both as deputy leaders, would be the leader but lets face it guys those Irish looks win hands down. ;D ;D...Might've known there  was the touch of the Oirish about PM...I can't seem to get away from the Irish blarney. :D ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal