Author Topic: 'Chilean' Guava  (Read 1658 times)

Annadl

• Half Acre
  • Anna from Downunder.
'Chilean' Guava
« on: November 28, 2005, 14:52:04 »
Sometimes called Tazzie berry.  Has anyone ever grown one or something similar.  It is compared to blueberries and I may get some for free if I join a 'Diggers Club'.

It's supposed to grow to 2 metres and is an evergreen shrub.  I red that EJ had a 2 yo Guava tree.  Is that something else?

I do want to grow blueberries but need to bide time.  They sound interesting.
Wish I had an allotment.  I love A4A.

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
Re: 'Chilean' Guava
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 19:16:22 »
No doubt EJ will help - meantime, when I was on holiday in Australia, I visited this place - it was really interesting!
http://www.tropicalfruitworld.com.au/
there may be some advice on their website, I don't know.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 22:28:10 »
I'm here, I'm here....but alas, my guava is no more.  :'(  They went great guns for a year, then slowly but surely, withered and died.  I believe some of these tropical fruits I try to grow really belong in a tropical rainforests and not in my greenhouse or conservatory in Essex.  I bleive my problem is lack of humidity, but you being in Australia Anna, I guess that won't be quite such a problem??

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 22:37:23 »
<  ...... there is no such thing as a problem without a solution  ..... prepares to get shot down in flames  .... but reasonably confident  !    *grinz*
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 22:45:46 »
 ;D  I know, I know, I could damp down the floor of my conservatory constantly, or set up a spray system to up the air humidity, but then I would get damp floors, moudly furniture and miserable kids, as the other side of the conservatory is also their play room.

Annadl

• Half Acre
  • Anna from Downunder.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 02:19:25 »
It's quite an attractive plant.

http://www.risc.org.uk/garden/plants/Ugni.htm
Wish I had an allotment.  I love A4A.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal