Author Topic: Addictive Allotmenteering  (Read 16158 times)

AikenDrum

• Acre
Re: Addictive Allotmenteering
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2005, 18:01:34 »
wardy, I am an open minded sort of chappie  ... so stop trying to force your methods down my throat !   :P  :P  :P
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2005, 19:33:22 »
Mine is a sad story of misplaced trust and cruel deceit.  Many long years ago as a young country girl I met and married a young city chap - soo smart in his italian suits, suede shoes, crombie coats  ::) and eagerly followed him to the big city happily thinking I was leaving my country ways behind.  But NO - he had other plans for us.  :( This person preyed on my love and trust and ever so gradually introduced me as an unwilling partner into his secret allotment addiction.  He coaxed and enticed me with fresh veg and a few flowers and then when I still did not fully succumb he began staying away longer and longer at this secret place until frustrated and desperate I agreed to go along with him - hallelujah I was reborn and my new life began! 

And here we are some 40+ years later still meandering up and down to the lottie, still arguing over where and what to sow, still laughing our socks off at our mistakes and failures and still  completely but happily addicted.m   Glad there are so many others out there in cyber space too ...........
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2005, 19:39:30 »
We are all human, and susceptible to weakness, Wicker. I am glad it worked out well in the end, and your transformation into this sordid world has been complete and so successful ...  ;D

Derekthefox :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2005, 19:46:43 »
Wicker Have you ever thought of writing a book? (maybe you already have). Your post kept me glued to the screen ;D ;D

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2005, 20:02:45 »
That could only be a "Grow To Cook" book, Lorna!  I still try sometimes to be a "lady who lunches" with my friends who shop and holiday but find myself going tsk tsk at the tasteless veg prompting my ever patient friends to kindly ask "Are you still busy at the allotment, dear" tho not all interested!  do I care - not a jot and they know it!! The addiction long ago stopped being secret and now is part of me :D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 20:04:31 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Mothy

• Hectare
  • My 4th season on my Lottie in Leicestershire.
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2005, 23:58:39 »
Wicker, just read, re-read and only just stopped laughing at your 1st post!

;D ;D

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2005, 03:23:44 »
Wicker , I have tried to explain my reasons for what I did, and, when I did it  ..... I was a young, carefree,   ( admittedly, handsome, chappie at the time ) ... what can I say after all these years ?    < ... could you possiby forgive me ?  .. and   .. ermmm  ... could I ask you to hand back the lease I gave you to that lovely appartment I bought for you in Fréjus ?   (:¬)#
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2005, 23:44:18 »
Would you care to explain in more detail, Dominique ... ?

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2005, 08:48:44 »
Offended? Don't think so Dominique. Too many people on here with a great sense of humour .  You only have to look at past posts where members have admitted that some friends, family  have given up on them  because of their weird allotment activities and conversations.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2005, 10:37:07 »
Yes Lorna, Not a problem Dominique, I was not offended, in fact I though it funny ... I definitely know that I am weird, but never imagined others to be ...

Derekthefox ;D

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2005, 14:38:22 »
Dominique - this is The Madhouse ;D
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2005, 18:28:49 »
You're weird, you know that?   ;D
 All of you. And that includes me   8)
D
Entirely correct if you ask me
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2005, 08:49:39 »
Yet again, Redclanger, we are in agreement ...

joniandmoss

• Not So New ...
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2005, 17:35:57 »
hey folks , since we got our allotment in My this year we have worked like stink to get it up and runnin and have become totally addicted.! We spent most of the summer there and had barbies galore......its that kind of place where people just turn up and relax!We got our second plot in August and have now got both almost prepared for next season. Still learnin but just lovin every minute. Its such a shame me old fella can't  get there after work now its so dark, he has withdrawals and has taken to putting up Christmas llghts daily ( you should see our house its like the Griswolds) in an effort to give him something to do. Poor old bugger eh!
...And when me mate bought me a pair of fancy bright coloured wellies from me birthday instead of the usual girly candles and bath stuff, i was totally ecstatic! I've also stopped caring that the car smells like a dung heap cus I forget to change me shoes.............and yeah...bed times are just not the same are they.....all those gardenin books keepin me awake......

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2005, 17:43:53 »
Don't worry all you addicts, there is a light at the end of the polytunnel. After nearly 40 years of it I am BORED with gardening.
I'll sell you this place and you can indulge your passions until you too get fed up with it all.
Gardening is the great leveller.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2005, 17:59:16 »
Why don't I believe that Eric?  ;)  Can't imagine you would want to part with your beautiful piece of earth.  The glimpses I have seen of your garden were something to envy, especially your  lovely grassy hideaway.  Just you wait until Spring comes around again, and then we will see how you feel! busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2005, 18:03:47 »
Why don't I believe that Eric?  ;) 
Because it better not be true.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2005, 10:01:45 »
I think Eric is teasing you all ...

vee

• Acre
  • Ashton-under-Lyne, near Manchester
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2005, 12:44:42 »
I've just looked at my profile and it says I've spent over 3 days here. That can't be true can it? I'm sure it was only 10 minutes or so... I really do need help!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2005, 13:11:50 »
39 days, 11 hours and 50 minutes, is that sad or what ...  :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal