Author Topic: Twisted Willow  (Read 2981 times)

undercarriage plan

Twisted Willow
« on: November 19, 2005, 17:05:11 »
Hey all. Took a few cuttings last autumn of my twisted willow and blow me down, they've all taken! I've given a few away, but have 3 left if anyone interested, though am already racking brains as to how to pack!!  :-\
Lottie  ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Twisted Willow
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 18:53:42 »
Hi Lottie.  If I can grow it in a pot I'd love one please.  I assume it's a corkscrew willow in which case you obviously post it in a wine bottle!   ;)  ;D

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 19:05:43 »
LOL!! No, G a water bottle of course!! ::) And yes, I'm sure you can grow it in a large pot. One of my friends does and she's had it bout 6 years? Well, guess we'll find out!! Will attempt packaging and posting next week..though woman at post office has started hiding when she sees me approach.... ::) ;D ;)
Lottie

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 23:55:24 »
Lottie, try packing your cuttings in a toilet roll tube or kitchen roll tube most effective. ;D ;D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 00:08:15 »
I have always wanted one as well.    ;D ;D ;D  trouble is wonder where I could put it?   ;D ;D ;D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 00:28:22 »
Would love one if you can spare it Lotty.  Pretty please  Will happily pay postage and packing.  Let me know if you have a spare and I will pm you with my address.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 09:58:08 »
Thanks Rosebud, will remember that, but these are now bout 4 ft high!! LOL! Am intending to  send  bareroot if that's possible, will grab someone and ask, and to remove some top growth.
Mimi, you're more than welcome, PM address and will post it next week. Now Carol, I'm sure you can find room!!! Let me know if would like one, and will send.
Lottie  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 13:54:30 »
UC Just a suggestion for packing bigger plants etc. If you have a signwriter near you ask for the cardboard rolls that the vinyl is rolled on to..Byeeee

undercarriage plan

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 14:05:47 »
Thanks Lorna!! Good idea, have printers but no sign makers... :-[ Keep cardboard from anything sent though, so will do my Blue Peter thing next week, if don't hear from me, am sat on floor, encased in sellotape... ::)
Lottie

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 18:28:43 »
Hey Lottie, the Willow arrived today in one piece and it is sooooo sweet.  I have the day off tomorrow so I'll pot it up then.  Thank you so much.   ;D

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

undercarriage plan

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 19:19:20 »
Awww, you're welcome G! So glad it's in one piece. Have you named it yet?  ;D ;)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 13:08:00 »
Named it?   :-\  Oh cummon, what on earth would I call it?  And wouldn't all the other plants in the garden get jealous?   ::)

G xx

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 15:21:56 »
Lottie If I come to visit how many long cardboard tubes do you want?? :)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 15:57:18 »
Erm, is very kind Lorna, but when you come to visit, just bring you, posted willows in jiffy envelope!! ;D ;D ;D ;) And G!! It needs a name!!! Even if it's just Willow....or Oi Willow..

undercarriage plan

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 15:58:28 »
OK first attempt at bold went well  ::).. Carol did you still want one? Have 2 left. Or anyone else? Naming is required....

sid

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 19:18:29 »
well if no one else wants one u know me anything 4 nothing lol ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 20:43:59 »
Ok, I'm gonna call my willow Nanki-Poo.  Did I ever claim to be sane?   :P

G xx

undercarriage plan

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 20:47:38 »
 ;D ;D ;D perfick! But I do hope you're taking this seriously, G......

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 23:03:06 »
Yes please UP, if you still have one ,no matter if they have all gone. ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2005, 09:03:43 »
Cos you can!! Will post on Monday, or poor thing will be languishing in some depot over weekend! Give you time to come up with name! Hope all's OK your end.
Lottie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal