Author Topic: Workaday Wednesday  (Read 1799 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Workaday Wednesday
« on: November 09, 2005, 16:29:31 »
Went to work today, did my 3 hour stint gardening for someone else.  Hard work, but very satisfying.  Have taken on a completely neglected acre garden and am gradually bringing it back.  The off to the post office to collect a parcel that was, according to the slip, 'to bog for the post box'.  Well I am not suprised!  My kids are now both sitting in it playing hideouts!  Thing is, it was packed full of those packing air sacks to cushion the goods (wonder if they would be any good in the greenhouse as insulation??) and there were only 3 little things rattling around in the bottom of the box! Not very environmentally friendly.

Walked to get the kids from school, such a lovely sunny afternoon, altho a definate nip in the air!  My finger tips were cold as ice.

Now thinking about tea, kids are on bangers and mash....the decision is, do we have the same, of toad in the hole??

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
Re: Workaday Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 16:50:04 »
It s gotta be toad in the hole and don't forget to save some Yorkshire pudding mix and make some little ones to have with treacle for pudding - Mmmmm  our favourite!!

Chilly here today too - atleast it looks like Autumn has arrived  :D
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 22:05:14 »
I prefer it with maple syrup & ice-cream

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 22:10:09 »
Or jam :)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 22:45:23 »
At last the horrible dreary rain has stopped and the sun came out today.  Managed to get up to the lottie and spread bark shreddings on my paths, so they look really neat now.  Need a few more days like today so I can get some of the beds weeded for the winter.  Pleased to see our Japanese onions were sprouting and standing up like little soldiers.   :D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 10:40:19 »
It s gotta be toad in the hole and don't forget to save some Yorkshire pudding mix and make some little ones to have with treacle for pudding - Mmmmm  our favourite!!

Chilly here today too - atleast it looks like Autumn has arrived  :D

I tried to tell someone the other day that one had YP with treacle (or rather Golden Syrup) and they looked at me gone out.

Anyone who understands that is definitely northern!

(Only disadvantage to onion pud! Mum used to ask me if I wanted onion or plain, knowing full well that I'd be stuck between deciding on the main course or the dessert...)

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 13:25:11 »
Must be another northern trait happens to me regularly - someone looking at me gone out that is!  Usually my old man  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal