Author Topic: Buying a Push Pull Hoe?  (Read 2197 times)

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
Buying a Push Pull Hoe?
« on: October 18, 2005, 22:56:39 »
I would like some advice. I am interested in buying a push pull type hoe. (The wolf variety or type) I am not really happy paying £27 pounds for the wolf hoe and the fact you have to buy there handle to work with there adapted hoe.
Is there another make that does the same job for less the price, and also you do not have to buy the handle seperate. I would like to buy a hoe of this type as it looks a easier type to use than the old fashioned dutch type.

All advice taken and thank you in advance.

The_Snail
Be kind to slugs and snails!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: Buying a Push Pull Hoe?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 09:05:24 »
The advantage of the Wolf type is that you can attach different length handles for different jobs.  We have two of these heads so OH and I can work together on different bits of the garden and I do the intricate bits betrween plants on my hands and kness using a short handle.  Ditto all the other heads we have. 

It saves storage space too.   All the heads are hung on screws or hooks on a board on the wall and the two long handles and the short one hang safely too.  Easy to find and also to easy to clean.

Here in Belgium, there's always a special spring offer of a handle, rake head and hoe head for about €20 so your price seems a bit high.  Shop around.
Obxx - Vendée France

Diana

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 09:14:42 »
I have one + wouldn't be without it, but it isn't a Wolf - finally found one in Homebase (of all places) a couple of years ago, about £9-£10 as I recall.

It has a permanent long wooden handle + is definately my favourite tool.

Keep looking - they are around
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 17:45:43 »
Been phoning around the carden centers today and they all seem to sell the blinkin wolf detachable push pull hoe which the cheapest is for £23 what with handle and the actual hoe. In my eyes that is a little expensive. I do not want to pay £10 for a handle when I can get a good wooden one for at least £2.99. So I think it is going to be a dutch hoe  :'(

The_Snail
Be kind to slugs and snails!

Emma K

• Not So New ...
    • Losing The Plot
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 19:15:38 »
I must agree - every time I'm in a garden centre I look longingly at the push pull hoe, but the price always puts me off - might add it to my Christmas list though!

Emma K
I like wine food and gardening...

My allotment blog www.losingtheplot.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal