Author Topic: Lost the plot....  (Read 4712 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Lost the plot....
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2005, 18:16:42 »
You are a nice, kind man Derek  ;D  My husband would have set the dog on it  :o
I came, I saw, I composted

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2005, 19:04:51 »
Derek, you will be able to ask it unless the school field is a good few miles away.  It will probably be back now.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

undercarriage plan

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2005, 19:29:43 »
Sorry..GG.. shouldn't laugh.....but is funny thought....there's your evenings taken care of Derek, toing and froing with ickle mouse..... ;), don't snails find their way back too, please no, will have to employ Jaggy!! :o ;)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2005, 20:14:06 »
Lottie: well I suppose it will keep me occupied these autumn nights then ...  ;D

Wardy: not nice and kind really, but what else could I do with my daughter there?  : :)

Derekthefox :D

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 10:44:46 »
Hee, the number of times I've covertly carried a carrier bag of mouse to the local fields.. And I always feel upset if I break a spider's web, and look like an idiot tiptoeing through the grass in case I step on a frog..

I'll admit drowning a few snails in beer occasionally and squishing the odd moth caterpillar (worse than snails.. ), but I hate doing it. Fortunately the frog/bird/beetle population is getting good now, so hopefully soon I can just let things be.

Melanie

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 10:48:27 »
I have a lovely thrush who takes care of all the snails in my garden.  He's been to see me this morning, looking very healthy, getting fat on the elderberries dangling over from next door's garden

I used to be overrun with snails here as I have old walls which they seem to congregate on but the thrushes have more or less cleared them now.  I often hear them tap, tapping on the path, breaking open the snail shells  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 10:51:47 »
I have a lovely thrush who takes care of all the snails in my garden.  He's been to see me this morning, looking very healthy, getting fat on the elderberries dangling over from next door's garden

I know, I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I find a smashed snail shell. :D

Will be placing some more strategic rocks in the garden soon, definitely!

Melanie

undercarriage plan

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 22:24:45 »
I have a thrush who is stealing snails form the pond!  ::) have put up sign "PLease don't", so far, no joy.....but will try loud speaker......and signing with flags.... Lottie  ;)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 23:55:05 »
Will a net work? My brain is only capable of working at a very simple level ...  ;D

Derekthefox :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal