Author Topic: A good morning..............  (Read 1467 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
A good morning..............
« on: October 16, 2003, 16:57:46 »
was had by me!  Just thought I would share my good time with you all  ;D. Got to the plottie after dropping the kids at school, around 9.30 and I was all alone on site.  :-/ Poured myself a cup of coffee - surveyed the scene, and set to work - all I had left to dig was an area about 10 foot by 10 foot.  I was determined to finish before collecting the kids at lunch time, but I had saved the worst patch 'til last   :'( - this was the mares tail plantation!  :o  How satisfying to pull out the roots - a sack full!  :D Hopefully the problem will be slightly reduced next year.  Managed to dig the patch and edge the whole plottie - finally it looks like an official lottie!   ;D  All the time I was there, not another plottie holder came by...begining to think I have offended them all and they are boycotting the site - work gets done.....goodness knows when they all visit!  Anyhow, looking great - must take photos now Dan has told us how - HAPPY DAYS!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: A good morning..............
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 17:56:28 »
Hi EmmaJane,  It is good when everything goes according to plan and you really feel as though you are getting somewhere.  I was looking at a photo of our plot last night, which we took over, in February and comparing how it is today, and what a difference we have made. We have still so much to do, and it seems such a slow process  at times, but how satisfying to see it taking shape.  It is particularly good this time of year as you can dig a patch and not come back next day to see it covered in weeds again.

I really admire you having an allotment and also having school-age children.  How do you manage them both?  When my children were small I didn't have the energy to dig our garden never mind an allotment.  There is one thing about having an allotment our Home veggie patch seems very  small and manageable now.  I can dig it over without any problem.  I know what you mean about other plot holders - we go to our site quite often, but very rarely see other people, though their plots look well cared for - How ??? When do they come?  Busy_Lizzie
live your days not count your years

Ceri

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: A good morning..............
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 18:29:32 »
The other half of my plot is dug by Norman, apparently, who I've never met, but does quite a lot on his half.  He's left me a key to his shed to put my stuff in till I get one - what a sweetie - I get messages from him sometimes via other plotholders, but apparently he lotties very early in the morning before work, while I'm an after work or weekends digger - so perhaps we'll never meet!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal