Author Topic: School Photos  (Read 21267 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: School Photos
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2005, 16:33:15 »
Luckily my scanner is broken or that's what I'm claiming anyway so no school pics from me.  Phew!

My dad taught at the school I went to. It was a nightmare I hated every minute of it.  My school is no more. It has been transformed into a very modern hi tech college, the old building has been swallowed up and has disappeared.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2005, 11:05:43 »
My primary is still there - I pass it every time I go to my parents. Shudder. They even have the same climbing frame as when I was there - I cannot see how it can be safe.

I believe my secondary school is still around. But you wouldn't get me near the place. WAY too many bad memories. I was having a look at Friendsreunited the other day. That was bad enough.

Never go back.
gone to pot :D

Maddy

• Half Acre
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2005, 11:24:34 »
My secondary school is unfortunately still standing.  They even still teach there, fortunately it's in Liverpool and I'm in London but I still see the occassional pink & white check blouse with bottle green skirt and jumper when I'm in Liverpool, that's enough to send me screaming into the night. 

I loved my primary school, I'm so sad it's gone.

M.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2005, 11:58:48 »
Maddy - your old uniform sounds revolting. Now I love green, but with pink checks. eek. Mine was boring grey. Grey skirt, grey jumper, white shirt. Grey blazer for the boys (and trousers of course!) I think girls can wear trousers now, but we couldn't. It said in the school rules "no trousers for girls", but it didn't say anything about no skirts for boys. We tried to convince them to wear skirts in protest for us. Surprisingly no-one did!
gone to pot :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2005, 15:56:54 »
My old School - Cheam High School, left a lot to be desired, but I adored it!  Loved school passionately.  My juniors, Glastonbury Primary, only a distant memory, but I do remember only happy happy times!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2005, 16:23:38 »
And still happy! Must be in your genes!!

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2005, 17:00:43 »
I hated one of my schools - so much so that I used to climb a Walnut Tree in the grounds, as high as I could, and then jump - I wanted to break a leg so I didn't have to go in! It never worked though - I must have bounced or something!!!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2005, 18:34:55 »
I hated every moment, but that really grips my withers!

Maddy

• Half Acre
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2005, 20:46:53 »
Aqui - my school uniform was so disgusting, I longed for grey.  I was really envious of those who got to wear plain black and white.  I think the only uniform worse than ours was the mustard coloured shirt and brown skirt and jumper, but only just.

M.

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2005, 23:39:45 »

I must be an oddity I have been back to both my old schools about a dozen
   times in the last 10 years...all visits were for fundraisers but it was really
  great catching up with the old gang.  ;D ;D

Lord Steve

• Half Acre
    • Turn 'Em Green
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2005, 23:53:43 »
Wow, Plocket!! That is such a natural picture. I bet you broke a few hearts!!

I prefer to forget a lot about my school days - they can be such confusing times - but am a generally happy person now!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 01:36:52 by Lord Steve »

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2005, 09:51:06 »
Great photos all :D
Here are a couple of mine.  First at primary school (cira 1948!!!)  Second one in the brownies.  A couple of clues - I'm looking pretty fed up in the first one but alot happier in the second ;D
 NB  You may think we all look a little old for primary school but the photo was taken just before we left for secondary.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 09:53:30 by Gardengirl »
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2005, 23:08:32 »
Hm there are plenty looking a bit fed up in the school one pat, so i cant really guess.

For the record, Tim I thought you were second from the left at the back in yours.

Me, might find one out sometime, though i am probably too recent to make a good guessing game. Have to admit there are few about as i dont much like having my photo taken. Far more comfortable taking the photos!

Schools? I seem to have put a hex on most of them. My secondary school where i spent 4 years, moved whilst I was in the 6th form there, the old site was closed and the old buildings were later pulled down. Its a housing estate now. Nice old place really full of character, unlike the new school site. I have also recently learned that my first school (primary school) is also due to close and move to a new site ( same thing also happened to a college i went to after leaving school). The only one still remaining is my middle school, which itself has been extended and renovated recently too.

Strange world!

Margi

• Quarter Acre
  • Yeah, sure!
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2005, 00:17:11 »
Great pic, Plocket... at the same time VERY you, but I can also see LP looking like that in a few years... how old were you?

Can you see me in this one?

Margi x

[img width= height= alt=Image hosted by Photobucket.com]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/MargiMagpie/Photo_2005_10_1_23_1_12_edited.jpg[/img]

Still not very good at photos - this one is so small you can't see my beautiful green eyes or my freckles!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 00:33:30 by Margi »

Lord Steve

• Half Acre
    • Turn 'Em Green
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2005, 01:41:58 »
Rather than post my school photo, where there are hundreds of us and I look awful, I am going to post 2 pics, where the choices are a bit easier (but I still may look awful - can't help that!).

Prep school (with my 2 sisters - I am in the centre ;))

College cricket team at uni a few years later!

It all went horribly wrong after then!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2005, 09:53:19 »
OK I suppose it is very difficult so I'll come clean ;D

School photo 2nd row from top - 3rd from right.
Brownies bottom row, extreme left.

You may be interested to know that the girl in the top row with the large white ribbons in her hair (school photo) is the mother of Julie Pankhurst, one of the founders of Friends Reunited.  She is a life-long friend of mine, but alas none of the millions have come my way ;) :D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Margi

• Quarter Acre
  • Yeah, sure!
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2005, 14:48:50 »
LOVELY family photo Lord Steve! Aren't you all cute!!!

Can't work out which of the cricketers is you though  - I think I've eliminated seven of them, but can't tell which of the others is you... give us a clue (or just cut to the chase and tell us!)

Margi x

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2005, 16:48:18 »
Oh Margi you look so sweet! I can so see you as you are now, and Seedling, in that photo!

Lord Steve - oh you are so cute, but like Margi I can't spot you in the lineup, sorry Cricket photo! Possibly front row, second from the right? It's so difficult with only a photo of a little boy to work from!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Lord Steve

• Half Acre
    • Turn 'Em Green
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2005, 17:53:42 »
Plocket got it right - front row, second from right. I was 21 and skinny!! I think the years have caught up rather since then!

Margi

• Quarter Acre
  • Yeah, sure!
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2005, 18:09:56 »
Lord Steve - that was one of my two most likely, but I didn't want to cause offence if it wasn't and you were one of the great hulking ones!

Margi x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal