Author Topic: Frost  (Read 11476 times)

Vez1

• Half Acre
Re: Frost
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 20:38:53 »
Not worried about frost and I am up here in Dundee, it's cold but doubt there wil be any frost.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2005, 20:44:33 »
Don't blame yourself for taking the thread off topic Aussie Chick, as Lottie does it all the time, but I do feel guilty steering it away as it is her thread ...  ;D

But then it's Friday night and I am definitely in party mode ...

So I feel less guilty ... woohoo !

Derekthefox  :D

Aussie Chick

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2005, 20:47:37 »
Party boy!! I'm enjoying the wine with you Derek!!

Hope you're joining in Lottie, considering this is your thread! ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 20:58:11 »
Feeling a little underdressed for a party though, perhaps I should have worn a dickie bow?  ;D

Derekthefox :D

Aussie Chick

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2005, 21:21:32 »

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2005, 21:35:35 »
Squashes can take a "light" frost, or so they say...........................bit blooming early for a frost in these parts! (any parts quite frankly ;D )
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

undercarriage plan

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2005, 21:44:31 »
I know DP!! Got a real shock when watched the weather. Still in Indain summer mode here..... ;D Lottie

windygale

• Acre
  • http://spaces.msn.com/windyspot/
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2005, 21:58:59 »
Hey lottie,did you watch GW tonight Even Monty said to look out for FROST and cover plants or move soft plants inside
run girl run, lol
all the best
windy
my allotment
heaven

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2005, 22:41:37 »
Lottie Now you have got me worried and I don't worry easily!! As I am off to Brussels Fri morn for few days maybe I should get some plants in greenhouse pronto!!!! Crikey that means a lot of work in next few days, toms & cues still in  G.H. and no shelving or capillary matting up yet. Maybe I will go and turn floodlight on now 22.40pm and go to work. NAH on second thoughts I will have a cuppa and a cig and go to bed. ::) ::) Lorna.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2005, 22:56:49 »
Oooo don't mention ciggies, Lorna!! Sounds lovely, but nearly made a year without!!! So on Sep 30th big pressie!!! And Windy, I have it covered... ;) ......literally!! ;D Lottie

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2005, 23:19:37 »
Aussie Chick, have just read the postings - I wasn't complaining, more apologising for interrupting the entertaining flow of posts and panicking about my pumpkins!  Would have loved to join in the party!  Not that anyone would want to see me without my shirt on!  I'm not as photgenic as some people...

Aussie Chick

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2005, 07:47:04 »
Me neither, not photogenic at all!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D I was just having a giggle.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2005, 08:21:52 »
So did anyone have a frosty night?  Most of my chillis went into the greenhouse last week along with the aubergines.  The toms on the allotment are in a sundrenched spot, naked of leaves, so am hoping they will carry on for a time longer.  Squashes have been coming home as the plants die back, mine die earlier as they have no extra water so do seem to exhaust themselves a couple of weeks before others, but a light frost should'nt do them much harm.

Tis exciting though...definate change of season.  Turned the heating on for an hour last night. brrr  Right, still early, I am going back to my bed for a bit....

undercarriage plan

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2005, 08:51:28 »
Just had a quick pootle outside, and don't think there was a frost here in Suffolk. Though ***** cold though!!! So all my running about last night....at least chillies etc all under cover now, so that's done!! Good plan EJ!!! Off back under the covers too....Kate ;D

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2005, 09:10:05 »
Got most things fleeced. But forgot to harvest the last of my sweetcorn...chances of its survival??
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2005, 09:34:43 »
Sun is shining lovely morning so have decided to spend w/e trying to get  some plants in greenhouse. Rest will have to take their chances.. Lorna jnr is working  all week so I have promised to do all her ironing and any other jobs ready for our escape Fri morning.  Hope everyone has a free frost time to be able to get plants/crops protected. Lorna.
PS Lottie good for you re ciggies, Iwas a heavy smoker, gave up when I had cancer started again when I lost Charlie, sheer lack of willpower but only have about 5 a day now.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2005, 12:13:46 »
No sign of frost outside, but the allotment's in a frost pocket so there may be the possibility of a surprise later.  It was colder yesterday (I haven't been out), but we don't usually get many frosts. This year was exceptional though, with frost in mid-June.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2005, 12:19:33 »
It did just what they said and went down to 4 degrees, everything looks fine this morning thank goodness.  A beautiful sunny day.

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2005, 13:46:13 »
We had a frost in West berkshire - my basil, gourgettes and cucumbers are all black, still i've had plenty off them. Suprisingly my tomatoes faired ok, probably because there shielded from the morning sun by all my sweetcorn.

Just dug up two rows of spuds - thats seen my back off for the weekend.
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

undercarriage plan

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2005, 14:42:12 »
Just got back from the lottie, which is about 4 miles away, and really exposed. I think that one side of my runners got a touch of frost!! Beans on North side are looking really limp and sad, other side fine!! Weird.....Lottie :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal