Author Topic: cold calling  (Read 10034 times)

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
Re: cold calling
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2005, 08:01:45 »
I've been reluctant to pitch in  - but here goes ...

In most religions the follower has to earn their way into the promised bit (I'm trying to avoid any specific religious term).  For JW's that means that they have to do things like go door to door in order to convert folk.  It's not that they think that you might benefit from being converted (although they almost certainly do think that) it is that they have to do it in order to qualify.

If you study the faiths and learn what they believe you will be much better equipped to challenge them when they knock at your door.  I feel that it is my duty to keep a JW at my door for as long as possible by exposing logical flaws in their theology, it serves several purposes; 1) stops them finishing their round (less points).  2) Irritates the hell out of them (they aren't meant to do that).  3) Entertains me.  4) Keeps them away from my neighbours.

My family is one of four practicing Christian families in our street (30 houses) and we all adopt this practice - must be a nightmare for JW's - actually, can't remember the last time they came round.] :)

-- Alan
Always look on the bright side of life

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: cold calling
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2005, 08:12:47 »
When I first got married, my wife had the irritating habit of telling these people to come back and talk to me, and telling them when I'd be in. One day she told me about two guys from the Church of Jesus Christ. So I asked a few questions, they were two white men in identical natty American-style suits, so that had to be the Church (mumble) Jesus Christ (mumble mumble mumble) AKA the Mormons. So when they came back, instantly recogisable for what they were as the uniform is very distinctive, I said 'Ah, you're the Mormons.' You should have seen the look of amazement on their faces. 'How do you know we're Mormons?' So I explained. They were gone in 30 seconds, and never came back.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal