Author Topic: Big Grrrrrrr  (Read 18002 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: Big Grrrrrrr
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2005, 17:38:08 »
OMG!! I'm still at the stage of hormones, all barbies ever created, sulking, lego, face painting and wobbling about in my high heels.....and that's just me hubbie.. ::) ::) ::) ;D

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2005, 22:17:51 »
Yep practice ws to good.  18 months for the first,  18 minutes for the second!  Sort of unplanned as we thought it would take ages again!  Mind you <whispering>  never told her indoors that I thought 18 minues was ages lolol
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2005, 10:38:53 »
thats a lovely age yours are at lottie , my girls used to love dressing up in fairy dresses and high heels , the lad was allways in the garden collecting slow worms snails spiders and all sorts of creepy crawlys, such lovely memories Cherish them while you can before you know it there gone

undercarriage plan

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2005, 13:37:53 »
Think you're right, Dibs. Meg, eldest, is already saying "Why?" every other word!!! Had suddenly started getting up early for hair coiffing!! And I obviously have no idea what I am talking about........Have never had a boyfirend, spots, friend problems  etc think she  thinks I was born married with 4 kids!!! Bless....  ::) Lottie

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2005, 13:38:53 »
i have 4 Kevins and Perry's
~ i have difficulty coping with 2 :-[ :-[
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2005, 13:41:27 »
Think you're right, Dibs. Meg, eldest, is already saying "Why?" every other word!!! Had suddenly started getting up early for hair coiffing!! And I obviously have no idea what I am talking about........Have never had a boyfirend, spots, friend problems  etc think she  thinks I was born married with 4 kids!!! Bless....  ::) Lottie

Isn't that kids generally? Mine find it very difficult to believe I was ever young (mind you, so do I some days...) They are quite into history and keep asking me what life was like in the old days when I was a kid. I'm sorry but I can't think of the 1970's as history yet!! :o

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2005, 13:58:43 »
At least you get the 1970s......Jack (7) wanted to know what it was like before electricity was invented!!! But you're right! Maggie (6) just "Why does the sun shine, why do birds fly, how do cars work....." ??? Dan (10), the whiney "Whhyyyeeeee?" And Meg (12) the confrontational "WHY!"  LOL!!

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2005, 14:12:12 »
Worst one I've ever had was being asked what there was before the Big Bang! :o :o I just gave her a copy of Stephen Hawking's book and told her to tell me when she found out...

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2005, 15:00:37 »
LOL!! And?  ??? ??? ??? ;)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2005, 19:53:13 »
Last I heard, they could work it out as far back as three seconds after the Big Bang, and then the math broke down and they couldn't get any further. It was some time ago, though. Maths is beyond me anyway.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2005, 20:39:43 »
Same here, Robert, how they'll ever work that one out.....I think of it as some sort of eerie silence. This is going to sound weird, but I have a really hard time conceiving of infinity, no end, going on and on and on and.....I just always envisagae something else after the universe...I need a hloiday......

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2005, 07:33:03 »
Best question I ever had was 'Why don't ducks wear socks?'

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2005, 07:59:32 »
I just always envisagae something else after the universe...I need a hloiday......

I'm not sure whether the current idea is that it'll expand indefinitely and end up with heat death, or collapse into a black hole. Either way, you're perfectly correct, there will be something after the universe we know.

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2005, 09:09:36 »
This is going to sound weird, but I have a really hard time conceiving of infinity, no end, going on and on and on and.....

Try travelling to work on the train every day... >:( :o

Cheers,
Rob ;)

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2005, 09:12:44 »
This is going to sound weird, but I have a really hard time conceiving of infinity, no end, going on and on and on and.....

Try travelling to work on the train every day... >:( :o

or listerning to your mother-in-law

MikeB

undercarriage plan

« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2005, 20:22:14 »
LOL!! Take it your MIL doesn't frequent A4A then Mike...? So sorry bout trains, Rob.....my idea of hell, must be awful.
 And Robert, I think there's something, cos I can't imagine anything different, but you sounds so sure. Real, straight question for once, why are you so sure? 
And one more question, if you don't mind, I have this theory, that gravity is caused by spinning.......really....as in it's tied into centrifugle force in a way yet to be explained. And the stars/planets etc in the universe are being flung out, as if they'd been let go from something spinning in the centre; because the distance between them gets larger the further out you go.  Lottie

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2005, 00:11:54 »
The basic theory is that the universe is expanding from a primal explosion; at the same time the force of gravity is pulling it all back together again. If gravity is strong enough to overcome the expansion, it will all collapse back together, into a mega black hole. If gravity isn't strong enough, it will go on expanding forever. In this case, it will eventually reach a state where all the energy is evenly distributed; no stars, no life, no nothing but cinders expanding in darkness, forever. That's heat death. I don't know whether they ever made up their minds which will eventually happen, the maths is far beyond me.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2005, 00:25:09 »
Thanks Robert. I'm thinking that  universal forces could increase in strength, which could lead me to the idea that there might be a something larger than gravity which shoves things away. So, perhaps the universe won't collapse tonight cos the stars might be going faster and faster away from each other cos of this thingy I said earlier....Where's me gin gone????

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2005, 13:55:27 »
well not been online for a couple of days , and am totally lost on this subject lottie can you plz translate  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2005, 15:38:55 »
I think the scientists have just decided they can't decide...again!   Something about the energy entering a black hole becoming the dark matter that can't be measured but is known to be there by default.   Thsi then balances what is sucked up and is used for star formation again.  Another theory therefore is that the universe continues to grow and contract in an indefinite equilibrium.  However,  because no one actually knows what a black hole does they can't decide whether the energy is altered to a different form or not.  The final thing I believe resulted in the latest conclusion that there isn't a conclusion, is the finding that every galaxy has its own black hole but no one knows why!

Hope thats clear now. Personally I find it less brain achy to believe in God and so let him worry about it!   ;D
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal