Author Topic: It has to go back...  (Read 2441 times)

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
It has to go back...
« on: September 28, 2005, 16:27:17 »
I've been debating doing this for some time being relatively new to the site, not wanting to brag & not knowing you all that well. Then I thought "Blow it". It's just that we've now had the letter to tell us to return the cup for the best allotment in the borough (tho' we get to keep a lttle replica!)

I kept reading posts about others winning things (well done all) & as I wasn't a member of this site last year & indeed we couldn't properly celebrate getting the cup in the first place due to various identification problems, I decided to throw caution to the wind & boast a bit. Do hope you don't mind.

terrace max

• Hectare
Re: It has to go back...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 16:30:09 »
Boast away. Well done BJ!
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 16:40:45 »
Whehay! BJ!! Well done you!! Blimey, you have more self control than me!! Post pic, I love looking at shiney things....!! Lottie  ;D

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 16:42:46 »
That's a pretty amazing achievement to keep to yourself all this time Beejay!  Well done and good luck for next year.  Are you allowed to win it twice?   I have a friend in my gardening group who has been disqualified from her local council area's garden competition as she and her husband have won hands down since the thing started 3 yrs ago.
Obxx - Vendée France

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 18:01:28 »
 ;D ;D ;D
Ooooh beejay, well done you!! Please post pics of shiny cup and the best plot!!

Love to have stuff to aspire too!!

Well done again!!

spacehopper

• Hectare
  • Its a jungle out there...
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 21:53:51 »
Well done you!  ;D
Can you post some photos of your award winning site, I'm very nosey!
Make the most of today, because you'll never have it back again.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 09:12:46 »
Well done Beej  ;D 
I came, I saw, I composted

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 09:49:50 »
woo hoo ! Well done Beejay,get those pics sorted for us !!!  :D

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 14:11:37 »
Shucks, thanks. (That's what I did it for!) Sorry but can't do pictures though I will learn one of these days. In any case the cup is not looking too shiny at the moment & the allotment is not looking in tip top form either as it was judged last summer & allotments can change pretty quickly as you know. It did look pretty good then mind. Most of the praise should go to my husband as he does the vast majority of the work, I do the fruit most of which is on the other allotment. Poor man, the name on the cup is mine as the allotment is rented in my name.

Obbelix, I think in theory you can win the cup again but I believe that in practise they award it to different people. We have a local front garden competition & if you win it you then have to be a judge as they can't be judged. One way round the problem!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 14:18:29 »
Making them judges is clever.  This particular council did it to try and improve the local environment and it has worked a treat.  There were basket and boxes categories as well as façades, front gardens and whole gardens.  My friends win hands down on all fronts but were given the whole garden prize and have since become part of the Belgian version of the Yellow Book.   They have far too many pots and annuals for my taste and do seasonal plantings for spring, summer and autumn which is too much work for me but their garden is also much smaller than mine so I guess that's the way to go. 

They have recently bought themselves a 1 hectare plot out in the country for their retirement home and garden.   Needless to say the first thing they have done is cut down the old, dead trees to clear it and started planting hedges and shrubs.  The house is still in the planning application phase!
Obxx - Vendée France

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 08:32:17 »
well done the beejay!
sadly i have absoluteley zero to boast about at our village show i was obliterated by the opposition-they had 'that look'on their faces as they viewed me carrots-oooh!pensioners can be tough!
its good fun to enter-even better that you won!it doesnt matter whose names on it-you're a team!congrats! ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal