Author Topic: I did it, I did it, I DID IT!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5424 times)

Shirley

• Half Acre
Re: I did it, I did it, I DID IT!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005, 10:55:00 »
Well done; the memory of your first flight and, one day, your first solo will stay with you for ever.  Yes, flying is a lot easier than driving.  I have both pilots' license and drivers' license and have clocked up more hours flying than driving (gave up driving years ago) ..... and there are less idiots in the air!

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2005, 11:15:03 »
Can you teach me how to fllllyyyyyy? Very envious Shirley!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2005, 13:04:57 »
Thanks Shirley!! Must admit to coming down with a bang this morning, must have been gardening in rain that did it, but keep thinking about cost and stuff.  But whatever I decide, I still flew, and it was incredible.  ;D And don't think I'll be able to stay away!!! Lottie

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2005, 13:25:28 »
Lotty and Adam  If you join the air cadets you get FREE flying lessons.  My son had lessons in a Bulldog aircraft and actually flew in an F16 fighter jet (in the cockpit) and they flew out over Germany and refuelled.  He was really chuffed and was only about 14 years old when he did it  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2005, 13:35:20 »
There's a thought, Wardy. But wouldn't I be too old? Sure Adam would be fine though. Lottie

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 13:43:03 »
Adam - I hope this isn't too much of a personal question, just being nosey after the comment above and looked at your profile.

Are you really 15? You sure know your stuff if you are, when you mentioned school I assumed you were a teacher!

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 14:16:27 »
And not sure Lottie would manage to get into the air cadets either would she.  I mean she is getting on a bit now  {GG}..mind you....<thinking>...yes,  if she carries on maybe membership of the air cadavers could be obtained... {WEG}

ON another note...nice picture of the air suit and i cannot help myself in asking...when you said you were still wobbly Lottie,  was it the wobbly bits that it made it hard to get the suit on   ;)

SORRY  Really,  I am.  Very impressed that you went flying.  Do you get the idea that maybe I'm just a little bit envious???

;D  Iain  ;D
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2005, 14:48:12 »
Oooooh Lottie well done!  You are so brave. I see microlites fly over our house most days and I think it looks scarey!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2005, 14:55:12 »
Well, Icy....You've helped with my decision....think a swift flight in your direction armed with soggy lettuce may be in order ;D ;D ;D Sort out a landing strip at lottie and I'll crash land and take you for spin!!! Literally T.... ;)The suit was a bit of a problem, took off boots etc then was told that the trousers had zip at sides..... ::)!! Son also told me to please keep clothes on.....Wasn't intending to strip fly ;)  Thanks Heidi!! Lottie  ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2005, 19:41:43 »
Is there a resevist air force?

But then again, just think what would happen up the lottie if you got a six month stint in Iraq?  Maybe that has answered Yellow Petal's question elsewhere.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 20:37:49 »
I think you are too old for Service Lottie, unless you have an essential skill, eg Doctor. The normal age limit for enlistment is 35, generally limited to 30. The medical requirements are also very strict, how I managed to enrol is beyond anybodies guess.

But with the current attitude towards call-up, that is probably not a bad thing eh?
I am certainly glad I am out of it now, although at the time, I loved every minute of it . . .

Good luck with your next flight anyway!

Derekthefox  :D

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 20:46:08 »
Hi Lottie

I hope I am not too late to say "Well done"  8) and here is to the next 100 I hope !

You just need to raise the money.   ::)
Saying that, I wonder if there is a market in soggy lettuces ?! ??? ;) ;D ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

undercarriage plan

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 21:21:34 »
LOL!!!! No way Marianne, love hearing from you! Especially when you're polite enough not to mention that I'm over the hill, unlike some I won't mention.!!! :o :o :o I've decided you're as young as you tell yourself you are, so sweet 16 here I come!  8) Lottie  ;D

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 09:08:59 »
Lottie,

I do like positive people and you are one of them. 

I feel pretty much the same (very young  ;D), it's just the mirror's reflection that tells me different  ::) ::) ::) ::)

That is why I enjoy every day I am sent. 

Take care and happy flying  ::) :o ;D ;D ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

undercarriage plan

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 09:37:45 »
Thanks Hun! I don't use a mirror, just look at pic on wall of when younger.........pretend it's mirror!! ;) No other way to live, in my view!! Toying with idea I'd actually like to try something else, next not sure what though.  ??? Lottie  ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 12:07:31 »
What about abseiling? I abseiled down from the Humber bridge once. Climbing over the railings at the top was so scarey,then dangling mid air was mad.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 13:13:04 »
OMG Lottie - that's amazing. I'm kind of jealous, but think I'd be terrified. I'm ok with heights, as long as I feel safe and that thing looks way too open for my liking. Must've been a great feeling, though.
gone to pot :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2005, 15:57:01 »
Lottie. Like all the other members I think you are very brave and you must be over the moon BUT and I repeat BUT has anyone thought of the poor guy/girl who was teaching Lottie. ??? ??? ??? ???Only joking or am I ... Lorna.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2005, 16:48:49 »
 :o :o :o LOL!! He was very laid back, probably had a bit of a headache after listening to me scream on take off!! And then the constant barage of questions! "What does this do?" How do I do that?" "OOOOOO look at that!" " Can we go over there now?...."  :-\ But he didn't pretend to be fully booked when arranging next one, and this time, I'll be in the drivers seat.........!!!" ;D ;D ;D Lottie

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2005, 18:55:56 »
OMG!!!!!!! ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal