Author Topic: Why?  (Read 2655 times)

undercarriage plan

Why?
« on: August 19, 2005, 12:26:52 »
I've just got back from my lottie where I popped to get some pots for tea. The smell when I opened the car door was awful. After hunting high and low, couldn't find what it was.  Eventually went into the greenhouse, which reeked. Someone had gone to great pains to hang a decomposing rabbit carcass from the roof. It was disgusting, must have been dead for ages, wriigling with maggots and beetles. I don't upset easily, but that's really shocked and upset me  :'( :'( :'(.  The sheer ammount of effort it must have taken. Still, if I'd thought, I could have quickly planted a Rhodie, I suppose...... :-\ Lottie

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 12:30:27 »
OMG that's horrible. I was really shocked to read that someone had just put it there. Skim read it first and thought it'd just died (that would upset me by itself). but that someone had put it there. Sounds like a budding serial killer if you ask me. :'(
gone to pot :D

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 12:35:42 »
Makes you wonder how some peoples minds work. I'm presuming they do.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

RosieM

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 12:48:02 »
I am sorry, how terribly upsetting for you, it would leave me shaking for a week.

OH and I were jumpy enough when we found two live mice in our dustbin last night when we were bagging up for the binmen! :o

Was it in your greenhouse?

If so, is it the only one unlocked do you think?

Unless you have offended the local mafia, I suspect it was some bored kids on summer hols, even I can remember having a morbid fascination with dead things as a teenager!

Please don't think I'm belittling your ghastly experience, but I have found things feel much better when placed in their proper perspective.

Rosie

undercarriage plan

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 14:31:08 »
Thanks all. Yes, Rosie, it was in my greenhouse, suspended from the vent with bale twine.  Mine's the only greenhouse, I don't have a regular lottie, have turned some disused farm land into one. Think you could be right about bored school kids though. Either that or voodoo is rife in Suffolk! Lottie

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 14:32:32 »
Oi've always wondered about Suffolk... ;)
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 15:32:46 »
that is horrible. Sad what kids do for entertainment these days, what happened to roller boots, hopscotch and hide and seek!!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 16:41:00 »
Probably not allowed, in case the little darlings got a grazed knee ......... ::) ::) ::) Lottie

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 18:10:02 »
Oh Lottie, how horribe;  :( 

Big hug from me {{{{{0}}}}}

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

undercarriage plan

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 18:28:53 »
Awww thanks G. Come up with cunning plan..... Going to leave big, hairy sack outside green house, with note " Please leave all dead carcasses here, thank you", will either mean I have wealth of bone meal for Rhodie planting  ::) or the little **** think I'm a head case and leave well alone.... ;) Lottie ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 18:34:48 »
You could leave a box with the sign "free sweets here" on it, and collect all the most revolting smelling things you can think of in it!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

undercarriage plan

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 19:10:07 »
Homemade tomato soup at tea was pretty eerrrrrr!!  :-\ No idea what I did wrong there!!! Note to self " never inflict this on family again....."  Lottie

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 19:49:24 »
Really sorry - and shocked - to hear that.  Not much comfort to you, I know, given the state of the corpse you had to deal with, but at least its age means  they didn't actually kill it for the purpose of hurting it and distressing you.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 20:32:07 »
What can I say? I have only just picked up this thread. You know I feel sad that things like this happen and would willingly send a virtual hug, if that would help. On a slightly more tangible note, at least you know that by sharing your experience here, we can all feel for you and reassure you that the world is really a brighter place.

Just another friend that cares,

Derekthefox

undercarriage plan

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 21:52:25 »
Thanks all, feeling much better now, and yes, would hate a bunny to have been killed for that. Have to say, feel a bit on the anxious side, not sure what to expect tomorrow.  Feel a bit daft though, asked my dad if there was any weird, country reason he may have hung a rotting, decomposing bunny from the greenhouse roof.......Glad to say, answer was a definite no!!! With a slightly withering look!! Bless him... Wouldn't be surprised to find him and 12 bore there in morning!! And you right D, still happy bunny..... ;) me I mean... Lottie ;D

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 22:01:15 »
poor L :(
there's alot of sick folk about >:( >:( :o
hope there's no more little horrors tomorrow~fingers crossed :)
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

undercarriage plan

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 22:04:17 »
Thanks GW, prepared now.  I'm sure it was just a one off, will let you know.......I know I put my bag somewhere...!!Lottie :-\

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 00:54:44 »
Look on the bright side, Lottie - if you leave it for a little while longer, you'll have an interesting set of windchimes

;)
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

undercarriage plan

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 09:21:23 »
Think I may have missed a business opportunity there!! Wish me luck, now off to lottie.........mask in hand!! Lottie  ;D

TEL

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2005, 10:33:03 »
Hi Undercarriage plan
Sorry to hear about that to many daft kids these days.
PS another ? why Undercarriage plan  :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 14:45:32 by TEL »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal