Author Topic: Froglets/toadlets  (Read 1891 times)

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Froglets/toadlets
« on: August 06, 2005, 22:13:21 »
Was weeding and tidying up the borders today and I spotted something moving out of the corner of my eye.  When I went to investigate I spotted loads and loads of little baby frogs and toads in the undergrowth.  They were soooooooooooo  tiny but perfect.  Then I realised that they were also in the lawn and around the pond.  I had to mow the lawn today so I just hope that they heard me coming and managed to get out of the way........  OOOOOO squished and mowed baby froggies.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: Froglets/toadlets
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 12:19:58 »
Mimi I was having a good old weed out and snip the other day. I was cutting back a sage that has more or less croaked it (haha) when I noticed a tiny froglet in amongst the woody bits. I too was really worried about mowing the lawn. I've only a very small one so I looked and looked some more beforeI started. I hope I didn't squish any. 

I've taken lots of photos of my froglets and have entered one of them into this month's competition. The froglet was actually about the size of a finger nail so I was really pleased with how the camera picked it up. I posted some in the gallery in a thread called "do you see", if you fancy a look.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 12:22:49 by Heldi »

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 10:14:31 »
Me too - well I was weeding the pond and found so many almost toadlets (they had four legs, but still had the tail) and one tiny one without it's tail. ahhhh! LIttle things crawled across my hand just like a toad would, only much much smaller! Also several baby newts. I keep waiting for them all the fly the nest or hop the pond, but they don't seem very willing to untie mummy's apron strings!
gone to pot :D

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 17:17:59 »
Heldi, I can't find that thread !  ??? :-\
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 17:38:19 »
It's on or about page 5 now!  I think you may have seen the first pic but then I added some more later.

I broke a rice bowl in two so I had the idea of placing the pieces around the pond as little funky arched shelters. Today i found three little froggy critters in them! I was so chuffed. I then thought I'd got myself something special,I saw some red on the side of one of them. It turned out to be a tiny bit of leaf!

Eeee I could watch them for hours!

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 18:42:36 »
Heldi, I found your photo in the Gallery competition !  He looks very cute !  ;D :D  I adore frogs and froglets.  They need all the help they can get from us humans.  ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal