Author Topic: buying stuff for the lottie  (Read 2236 times)

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
buying stuff for the lottie
« on: August 03, 2005, 13:35:25 »
HI,

We want to get a shed for our lottie, but - how does one go about getting stuff delivered there.

We are prob going to order one on the internet, so do we give the address of the allotment and sit there and wait the day they are due?  I wonder what my allotments postcode is for example.

How has everyone else had stuff delivered to their lotties?

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
Re: buying stuff for the lottie
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 17:57:24 »
Never have except farmer bringing muck and he can look down (he's at the top of the field) and see if someones there.
You could be in for a long wait if they can't do a timed delivery!

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 19:54:35 »
The firm I ewnquired with would only deliver to a private address which would haved left me completely stuck - needless to say they did not get my business.  I have now spoken to a mate, who knows a mate, who knows somebody who works in the woods who can knock up a 6x3, deliver and build it to my lotty for about £35.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 20:20:35 »
crikey redclanger, the cheapest quote i could get was £169 for a 6x4.
back to question tho, we have found that local small firms are generally more helpful. they tend to know where allotments are and most will agree to ring when half an hour away.
they may cost a bit more but at least you have the satisfaction of supporting local business and you'll probably save a great deal of time.
as for the postcode, your local sorting office (listed in thompson local or yellow pages) should be able to tell you.
good luck,
Tara xx

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 20:36:01 »
B&Q (or was it wickes) delivered to us.  We met the lorry in the car park and took it from there.
Get with the beat Baggy

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 21:02:10 »
Thanks Guys,

so it is possible then! There has been lots of new housing developments in our town with very pretentious street names, had visions of delivery drivers driving around for hours looking for "Goldington Fields".

We are totally kicking ourselves actually as we saw a 6x4 shed in Focus at the weekend for £80 - it had some damage to a panel, nothing a few nails couldn't sort, but did not realise this was dirt cheap (was first one we had seen) and thought that we may still get a cheaper one on the net. Have been looking around now and having same problem as Dave and Tara - normally £170+!! Bet someone has snapped it up by now.

Was half joking about the postcode, but am intrigued now, going to try it out on the royal mail site, it probably has got one!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal