Author Topic: had a nuff  (Read 4261 times)

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
had a nuff
« on: July 23, 2005, 21:32:28 »
i have not been on the sight for a while as i have well had a rather large kick in the well you no what!!!
some very nice person has taken a load off my potatos and my garlic and trodden all over my strawberrys
the plot next two me they took all his potatos all his carrots and cut the heads off and left them on his green house step
WHY SHOULD WE BOTHER
all this hard work and well i feal so upset and well feed up
any tips and i would like to hear them
matt
 >:( >:( >:( :-[ :'( :'( :'(

Mubgrub

• Half Acre
Re: had a nuff
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 22:27:18 »
Oh Waggi, I'm sorry to hear that.  Some people just have no sense of common decency!  >:( Perhaps its worth getting a few people from your site together to lobby the council for better security?

Try not to let the b****s get you down too much.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 22:52:37 »
Having suffered vandalism on our allotment for the first time (I'm a Newbie) I was very upset to the point where I nearly lost interest in the whole cabudle, :o then I thought do I get this upset when I see aphids, carott fly, catapillars or blackleg attack, blight or whatever else can be thrown at us?  ::) no not really. well just a little. ;D

So now I treat the little shits as pests not human beings as they are hungry not for food but for power to overcome.

BUT AM I AFRAID? NOT ANYMORE. ::) :P ;D

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 00:35:45 »
you must feel awful!
i think that the same principle applies here as it does regarding the terrible events of the last couple of weeks....that is, while you cannot control what wicked ba****ds do, you can control how much they change your way of life.
don't give in mate, beat them by carrying on regardless, just to spite them.
Tara xx

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 00:36:39 »
Please don't give up waggi.  Most of us have been in your position and it sucks, but you can't let them win.  They are sick human beings and you can't let them have the power to drive you out of something that gives you so much pleasure.  Look around your plot and see if there is anything more you can do to make it more secure.  Always let your community policeman know what has happened.  Let your Committee know.  They should be keeping a record of any incidents so they can develop a strategy to protect any weak spots on your site. It is heartbreaking, I know but keep in there.  :( busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 06:58:53 »
sorry to here that Waggi, it would'nt be so bad if they would eat what you'd grown. Like others say make sure you report it.

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 11:43:36 »
Sorry to hear your news Waggi, :'( anyone who does this sort of thing is a complete and utter b******d in my book.   But don't give up, if you do, then they have won.
MM

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 12:35:05 »
Dear Waggi,

So very sorry to hear of your plight, would like to have been a bit closer to come and offer some help to re-establish your superiority over these B*'s.

But I am sure those around you will be giving you loads of support - and veggies too I hope.

It is perhaps a VERY valuable lesson for the rest of us. 

For those who do have a Council that has provided a security fence, do use the padlocks provided, and do close ALL the gates.   Even the car park.

And if you don't have any fencing CAMPAIGN!

I realise that if people have evil intentions, there will be no stopping them, but I'll be damed if I am going to make it easy for them.

Shed-loads of support Waggi. :-*
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 12:40:17 »
Waggi,  thats awful news but I can't say I understand having never been your position but can guess how bad it must be.  Give yourself a lift by deciding how great you are it if they decided to pick the best stuff - then swear even more for not getting it yourself,  then go and do it all again.  You can't let them win so to mirror the rest, do all you can to make it difficult for them but donlt give up.
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

kelso

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 15:16:10 »
I'm sorry to hear that waggi. The council often have deaf ears as they don't want to spend money on allotments. Often, they are looking for the excuse to sell them for development. :(
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. - Mark Twain

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 15:32:29 »
actually flowerlady, that's not a bad idea!
where are you waggi?
we're in SE London, any good?
it would feel kinda 'proactive' to come and undo their nasty handiwork.
what we lack in experience, we make up in enthusiasm!
Dave and Tara xx

weedgrower

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 16:11:16 »
weedgrower here
sorry to hear about whats happened waggi, b****rds they are. i am on nights this week and so if you want a hand with anything just let me know. i'm sure i can spare an afternoon or morning to come and help you. just let me know if you need any help
                                                               weedgrower
takes over your life doesn't it

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 16:26:17 »
At the next elections, I will be voting for the party who will bring back the stocks . . .

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 19:08:43 »
Sorry to hear about your vandalism but just try and ignore it - however hard and keep going  :(     You'll have to post watch and try and catch them.  You can vent your spleen by thinking of what you'll do to them when you catch them  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2005, 21:15:17 »
Saturday was the first day of the school holidays here for most and would you believe some little tyke managed to tear down two ant-climb paint notices that were attached quite high on the steel fence, >:(  I had daubed paint on the back of all these notices so it took this Dumbo more than one go B4 he/she realised ;D

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2005, 23:00:48 »
thankyou all
more bad luck i am afraid all my goosberrys have gone today
This will make you smile though
the B*****ds only pulled the potatoe plants up and took any off the potatoes that where attatched so when i dug them over today i well found a vast amount off my potato babys waiting under there soil blanket
Thick as well as vandels
weed grower
thamkyou for your very kind offer but i have giveup this year and well i am looking forwad to the back end to start again
you guys are well fantastic thanks for the support you made me feel a lot better
Matt  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
THANKYOU

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2005, 23:46:34 »
Aww Matt!  That is shocking.  I cannot imagine how sickening it must be when you get to the plot and see damage has been done.  Words fail me.

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 16:36:03 »
just dont no what motavates these buggers

spacehopper

• Hectare
  • Its a jungle out there...
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 09:10:47 »
Oh no Matt, how awful.  :( Don't give up though, these things are sent to try us.  :)
Make the most of today, because you'll never have it back again.

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 16:33:33 »
Matt - have only just read your posting and wanted to add my 'sorry' to everyone else's.  I haven' t experienced vandalism on the lottie yet, so it's easy for me to speak - though I'm sure it's just a matter of time  :( - but try to think of all the satisfaction you get on the days not ruined by the little pests (Wouldn't it be great if you could mail order some kind of nemotode for them? ;D)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal