Author Topic: Word to the wise....  (Read 1867 times)

undercarriage plan

Word to the wise....
« on: July 21, 2005, 13:37:24 »
When up ladder (live up the *****things at min!), trimming hedge, best not to be listening to any form of fast, dance music on MP3 whilst trimming......1 Hard to dance,     2 On owner coming to check on hedge and gardener discovers gardener eyes shut (still cutting..), singing and swaying precariously whilst hedge now half original height........!  Beginning to reach the conclusion that a combination of me, MP3 player, DMs and any large, sharp impliment is not altogether wise........ ;) Lottie  ;D

TEL

• Hectare
Re: Word to the wise....
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 15:51:54 »
i found myself doing that with the chainsaw once will just stick to ear defenders its safer.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 17:07:19 »
You need some decent relaxing classical guitar music Lottie, I know of a free supply, mp3 format too! :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 17:10:00 by Derekthefox »

undercarriage plan

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 19:46:31 »
Derek, if I was anymore relaxed, I'd be soup!!!!!  Lottie  ;D

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 20:38:16 »
Oh Lottie ! Please do be careful up that ladder !
 ::) ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

undercarriage plan

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 20:42:25 »
Bless you, Marianne! I seem to spend my life up ladders at min.  Started off terrified, first ever job, pruning 200 yr old Wisteria up Manor House!!! Most terrified I ever been!! Mind you, more scared of killing plant......Now, fine on them, always safe, I promise.   :-* Lottie  ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 08:37:07 »
Just remember Lottie, ladders are biggest cause of work related fall injuries.Sorry if I appear concerned, but we teach ladder technique here at my college as part of courses, so see the problem. Presume you have learned the same . . .

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 09:54:46 »
Lottie  ;) - My OH knows about ladders and accidents and a combination of the two !  ::)  He FELL off one two years ago - damaged his left hand and fingers, lost his job, not worked since but has ventured out on his own business which he loves now more than any other job he has done. 

Not well paid but very satisfying and he gets lots of love back from the doggies he has, so in some respects, it was perhaps a blessing in disguise that this happened to him.  He is now very happy and contented.
Sorry for rambling and boring you all  ::) ::) ???
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

undercarriage plan

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 12:02:51 »
Thank you all, have to say, not certain of my ladder "technique"! Didn't know there was one!! Sorry about OH, MArianne, glad he happy now.  Will be very, very careful, promise, will always land on client to make doubly sure....!! Lottie  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 12:27:32 »
landing on client not advisable lottie  ;D ;D ;D

Piglottie

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 13:39:56 »
Especially if its an elderly gentleman you've just told "I love yew"  ;D ;D ;D  His heart might not be able to take it!   ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 17:54:30 »
I suppose that could be construed as giving mixed  signals.......!  Bless him!!  Lottie  ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal