Author Topic: Most unwelcome/OTT Crimbo pressie?  (Read 5106 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Most unwelcome/OTT Crimbo pressie?
« on: December 25, 2003, 12:29:34 »
How was it for you?

Here's mine...Christmas Eve morning, with all the shopping for Christmas, through to the New Year done, I had delivered (from a friend who has an organic smallholding in Glos. & who was taking produce to the B'Ham markets)...

large wooden crate containing swedes, turnips, parsnips, carrots, cauliflower, beets, savoy cabbage, a carrier-bag of spinach, leeks and spring onions, all piled on a sea of sprouts and topped by a bouquet of parsley.

A crate of fruit - 4 kinds of apples; Granny Smiths, Cox's, Royal Gala and Golden Delicious, large Jaffa oranges, pears, grapefruit, lemons, a dozen or so bananas, black grapes, white grapes and millions of mandarins, all wrapped in sellophane & topped with a huge bow.

And a duck (thankfully dead, and prepared!)

Peeps, it was Christmas Eve and my kitchen resembled Harvest Festival.

Woke up this morning hoping that this was an alcohol-induced nightmare - but it's all still there :o  :-[ ;D - Lish
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
Re: Most unwelcome/OTT Crimbo pressie?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2003, 13:11:34 »
I got 2 new steam irons and I'm not even ambidextrous.Wonder if I will be able to iron twice as fast.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2003, 13:42:23 »
Happy Christmas,  Did very well this morning.  A new lady fork and spade,  a walkman, some gardening books, lovely vase, poetry book of Robert Frost, the Broons book (love them), lots of chocolate. New pen, scented writing paper.  Some French goats cheese ??? ???.  Have had a couple of disasters from my husband in previous years,  A hotwater bottle, fake fur inner coatliner, thick winciette nightie (hideous).  A friend of ours got a wallpaper pasting table one year from an Aunt, and my brother once bought our Aunt a Toilet Brush for Christmas. Have yet to open Childrens and some Relatives presents, do those after Lunch.  So far having a wonderful time.  I bought my husband a digital video camera,  So I expect lots of footage of the allotment in the New Year.

All my love to anyone alone, sending lots of warmth and good thoughts to you.  Having a Games Night on the 27th, (Balderdash, Taboo etc.), wish you all could come.
LOL  :D  Busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

BikerBob

• Not So New ...
  • What a pleasure to Garden
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2003, 14:00:59 »
Hi everyone looking in today !!
Still waiting to unwrap most of mine as not ready yet! But the main one from the family three daughters and two sons, was a large put-together hamper containing loads of goodies like champagne, ginger, large tin shortbread, lobster, salmon in small pots,Brandy fruit truffle cakes, belgian choc collection box, mulled wine conserve, mandarins in syrup with orange liqueur, stawberry & champagne conserve, biscuits and two jars different olives, black cherries in syrup with kirsch, etc. Will last ages I think, but very pleased rather than overwhelmed and certainly not over the top for me!!
To Lish, blimey what a load enough fruit and veg to last the year I reckon, or you`ll have to share with the neighbours..... what a present or is it a farm ??
Love and best wishes for today
Bob :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:12 by -1 »
I`m never too old to learn !!

ciaozzy

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2003, 19:08:37 »
Yo peeps

unwanted or didnt get????

didnt get yamaha keyboard

did get the most unusual experience though.... but itz crimbo so wont go there....

also had some warmth and love...wtf want that? :)  sory peeps just me....

unwanted pressie Lish.... gluttony.... saw it so big today cant eat.... so the turky died for sweet nothing?  god I would hae loved to have gone out into my garden.....and pull the crimbo dinner from the earth, only taking what iz needed..

oZzY but quite dashing in his new personage.... first name is ciaran but peeps thinks I act like ozzy ozbourne.. I dont see it ad memates and family are total lunatics.... now if they called me jean luc... could understad that mahn..make it so but just make it mahn ::)

oooooh or Captain Janeway :););)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2003, 19:13:53 »
hey BB (1)...(my feathered friend? ;D) - obv. to me that your 'real' friends don't know you like your cyber-ones do? So hot'n steamy were your posts at the party they certainly ironed out the creases in my PC ;)

Drastic presents call for drastic measures, so tomorrow afternoon I'm off-loading most of the goodies, and spending a couple of hours, in...

a Nunnery  ??? :o :P

so when I come back, want a bit more respect from you Young 'Uns than I've hitertofore had....right?  ;D ;D Lish

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2003, 19:25:05 »
btw...notice how I'm restricting the use of the letter 'huh'? That's for the teetotallers amongst you - Lish

Suze_O

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 19:27:29 »
Yo 'Liska

Venerable old penshioner widder woman

You bin overdosing on them ol' vodka jelly cubes or wot?

Or so excited thought of your toy boy waiting in Phucket?  Blimey, better pack the extra strong support hose - you gonna need it girl - if you acquire my drift .....

At your age gravity becomes a dangerous subject  ;D ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2003, 19:44:29 »
Not going to strange-and-slightly-rude sounding place, Suze,

Going to Krungthepmahanakhonbowonrattanakosinmahintaraayutthayamahadilokpopnopparatratchathaniburiromudomratchaniwetmahasathanamonpimanavatansathirsakkathatityavisnukamprasit

Bangkok to you  ;D ;D ;D

Suze_O

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2003, 19:54:54 »
Well honestly,

The older generation.  No manners.  And their language :o :o :o :o

Bangkok indeedy  ::) ::) ::)

Thinks you need a cold shower young lady and lay off those jellies ....... ;)  ;)

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2003, 22:31:56 »
Swop ya a box of Fruit and Vege for a Steam Iron Alishka???????????????????????

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2003, 22:55:02 »
Best pressie:- signed copy of Christopher Lloyds' "Colour for adventurous Gardeners"

Worst pressie:- socks and make-up brushes.

Hope you have a wonderful time away Lish, remember don't drink any water!
Happy gardening, Robin x

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2003, 22:59:17 »
Stick to the Tiger Beer.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2003, 12:18:57 »
Hello all.

Hope you had a good day yesterday.

Presents, hmm, yes. Good, got what I wanted and was better than I thought it was going to be.

Let me explain. I know it takes the surprise out of things, but I always provide family and friends with Ideas of what I'd like for christmas (and Birthday of course - the two for me are intertwined), so whilst i know roughly what I am getting, at least its things I want. Most of the time. There have been exceptions.

Best of the gifts this year was the book charting the history of Gardeners World (Gardeners World Through the years by Gay Search).  I had seen it previewed ina magazine and liked the look of it, and put in a request for it. Wasnt entirely sure i'd get it, but was pleased to find I had. Proved to be better than I'd thought. A very interesting book. A must for fans of the programme.

Rest of the day was not perhaps as good as it could have been ,but I wont go there now.

ciaozzy

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2003, 12:47:38 »
Oh BB

steam irons??????  throw them though the window.... have never brought an electrical appliance as a pressie never... battery operated one yes ys yes..oh yes :)

I got sum acupucture appointments for this satters...
dont want give up smoking now though :)

anyone here who has any pain can only reccomend acupuncture
since feb this year..wife sciatica.... in pain all tis time ..docs do zilch..tried chiropractors and physio ..no good....   paid 220 bucks for acu and twa nee massages and wife feels great and can now run, but not far enough... realyis something in it..oh and the stinks but only have to takeit for a week...

maybe I will use the preview button next year and see just wha I iz bablin about, but hey I iz such a gewd sproooooler and dead well punctuated..dont realy see the need..

oh BB I can Iron, can eeven ironladies blouse and have ironed mofo of a pleated skirt many a time... and I can go intoshops and buy fem hygine products no problem... but there was a time when I had to buy a bra.. shedidn't want a expensiveone. a cheap one... just couldn't do that.. so asked assitant to get me cheap and oh so plain bra.... £7.00...

bable/jibber alert

need sum strawberies with lots and lots of thick cream...yummy

ciaozzy  

I know its an edit but it is the "tea" that stinks..couuld have stuck wordy in right place..but thats so common ::) Much beter to corect dow here>>>> so its the herbal teas that stink and taste yuckY
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:12 by -1 »

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2003, 13:47:08 »
Yo Oz1 Gave us a good laugh if nowt else.I had requested an iron but like i told them 1 would have done.I've had all the pressing jokes so I won't go there.
Lots of hugs and kisses received  yesterday from my youngest Grandson who told me he is having a new baby at their house so that is the most wonderful presant of all.

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2003, 14:03:02 »
Many congrats bb, in our world Grandmas are gold!
Happy gardening, Robin x

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2003, 14:29:55 »
Forgot to say Oz about the giving up smoking.Give it a whirl mahn give it a whirl.I stopped 18 months since and can't tell you the difference it makes especially to your pocket.I never knew that I walked around smelling of smoke all the time.Coughing and spluttering about .Do give it a try i'm sure that if i can so can you 'cos i had been smoking a lot longer than you believe me.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2003, 15:28:37 »
The Alan Carr book's a must for anyone who wants to give up? 'bout 12.99 with a couple of CDs thrown in - thing is, Oz, any attempt is doomed to failure if yer funny fags contain nicotine.bad habit, nicotine - more addictive than the other stuff. Pleased you're off the Zyban, tho. - Lish

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2003, 15:32:06 »
oooh look! memo to myself and New Years Resolution No1... ;D

Must remember to write 'cigarettes'...'must remember to write 'cigarettes'...must remember to write 'cigarettes'...

Ain't this cyber-censorship a pregnant dog ?

;D ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal