Author Topic: explosion in London  (Read 10644 times)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re: explosion in London
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2005, 11:09:50 »
OMG Speedy - I hope your friend is doing ok. Must've been a terrible shock.
gone to pot :D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2005, 11:26:55 »
Poor lady, I do feel for her and all the people and their families who were caught up in the bombs. 

I have also been thinking of the emergancy services, hospital workers etc, all the people that have helped in any way, as they too will have some traumatic memories of the day, my best wishes go out to them all.  They will have had some terrible jobs to do.  They all deserve medals.

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2005, 11:53:37 »
My Wife has gone in today (I wimped out -didn't fancy trying to get to Hammersmith from Liverpool St. -anyway I can do just as much at home). She works at the British Museum and some genius who didn't want his bag searched has just chained it to the railings, blues & twos everywhere.

Derbex.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2005, 12:29:20 »
Humph. I suspect said genius will come out to find it's been blown up for him...

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2005, 14:49:28 »
OMG Speedy - I hope your friend is doing ok. Must've been a terrible shock.

She's OK now it seems.

It turns out that she was actually in the same carriage as the bomb on the train just leaving King's Cross. A very very lucky escape! Lord alone knows what she saw down there.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2005, 15:34:05 »
Speedy Mango.So glad to hear your friend is  OK. No one should have to go through trauma like that and I would just like to wish her peace of mind. Years ago (late fifties) I was on the last train out of Charing Cross after a very bad train crash. We were diverted to Deptford and had to walk home past the rescue scene to Catford where i lived at the time. Scenes like that stay with you for a long time. Regards Lorna.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2005, 16:11:23 »
Speedy - what can be said? I'm rather lost for words. Your poor friend. Give her lots of love and support.

And Lorna. again. Words fail me.

Justy

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2005, 20:41:20 »
I do wish now that they would stop showing it over and over on the TV. It is playing right into the terrorists hands - they must be loving it having their 'triumph' plastered over the telly.  I think they should just report any new facts that come to light and thats it.  It can't help any people who were directly affected.  Even my 4 year old keeps asking 'why the train crashed'..

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2005, 09:45:24 »
Yes, if there is news report it, but lets not give them the satisfaction of keep seeing their evil deeds. or at least show the normal things, Londoners carrying on , trains running. It hurt but didn't stop us.....that kind of thing.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Plottie

• Half Acre
  • MMM , Raspberries !!!
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2005, 19:00:23 »
Have just found out that someone  OH knows has just had it confirmed that his sister is amongst the people who were killed on the bus.  Her friend who was with her escaped with serious injuries but his sister was nowhere to be found in any of the hospitals so they were expecting the worst news but had to wait until last night for confirmation......there are no words to describe our feelings
Plottie

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2005, 19:19:19 »
Plottie, our thoughts are with you and your OH's friend and his family along with everyone else who has suffered in this terrible happening.  There are no adequate words for a time like this.  Take care.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2005, 19:20:45 »
I am gutted plottie - I don't knw what to say...
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2005, 19:22:21 »
Oh dear Plottie, how sad. All you can do is be there if they need you. What a tragedy.Seems to be more each day.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2005, 19:40:59 »
Despite a very worrying Thursday (two of my friends travel through London every day to work) I was lucky that no one I know lost their lives in Thursday's attack. But to remember those who were not so lucky I will be planting a fruit tree this week in rememberance of them and their families, it's the only positive thing I can think of doing. My heart goes out to those who were not as lucky as me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 21:02:55 by Jessevieve »
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2005, 22:57:08 »
How terrible for you to get this news. Our thoughts are with you and the friends family. Lets hope they can find these people and rid the world of the vermin that they are.. Take care. Lorna.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2005, 00:23:35 »
We had total chaos in Birmingham tonight, with a large part of the city centre evacuated. It seems to have been a false alarm; there have been reports of controlled explosions but I doubt it as I'd have heard the bangs from here.

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2005, 11:17:11 »
Have we heard from Svea? I know she lives in London...

luckily, i was on holiday for the  last week and have just returned yesterday - horrible news to watch in hotel room i tell you - put a damper on the holiday for sure :(

immediate friends are ok but don't yet know about work collegues - tomorrow will tell (hopefully all good though)

luckily, the areas affected were not near us, nor do we use the tubes at all or the busses much. i am aware of course that this is not an option for a lot of people in london though...

svea
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2005, 20:28:42 »
i wish all that have been affected by this terrible day all our love and thorts and hope that hey can find some hope in all off this in time asit is a slow long trip and all us other peeps can do is try and help and be there for them
keep safe
matt and family
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2005, 10:26:24 »
Plottie - how awful. My thoughts are with you and her family. And all the others affected.

Svea - glad to hear you're ok. I was worrying...

I know it would mean the terrorists win but this is another thing that's making me want to move far away from London.

I just can't help thinking about all those missing people. They must be gone, but if that was your loved one you can't help but hold up hope. just simply awful.

Justy

• Hectare
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2005, 11:14:31 »
no one could blame you Aqui - all this talk by the media of 'not letting them win' is stupid really.  Win what?  If killing people and causing chaos, mayham fear and destruction is the aim then I am afraid they already have won.  I am scared and worried and wondering what kind of a world I have brought my son into.  Someone on the TV said the other day that we can't let it change the way we live but we will have to change some things - be more vigilant, better security in public places etc. or these criminals will continue to do these horrible acts and we will never know true peace of mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal