Author Topic: explosion in London  (Read 10703 times)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re: explosion in London
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 13:59:40 »
EJ - glad Ava is ok. Where in Hackney is your BIL? The traffic looks awful out of my window. I keep seeing the odd bus go by.

Shaolin - glad you're ok. will you manage to get home?

Mr Aqui still has no idea how he's going to get home this evening. They are saying the tubes won't be running again today.

My dad says they turned off the mobile phone network to stop any more bombs being triggered.

I just hope this doesn't cause the West to retaliate anywhere and kill even more people in the Middle East to say that blowing people up is wrong.

BTW - Al Qaedia doesn't exist. It was invented by the CIA... Although of course, terrorists exist, just not in the way they say.
gone to pot :D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2005, 14:12:06 »
Shocked and horrified.  Actually heard when I saw Aqui's posting. Immediately got on the phone to my sister who lives in London.  My brother in law had taken his car this morning instead of going on the tube.  My nieces are both working in  the centre of London, both safe and sound, Thank God, but stuck and wondering how they will get home, as things at a complete standstill.  This is so appalling, and although I know it seemed a foregone conclusion that something would happen sometime, it is a shocking event.  It is in stark contrast to the happiness of yesterday. So glad to hear that our a4a friends and their loved ones appear to be safe.  I am thinking about you all. love, busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

shaolin101

• Half Acre
    • Kungfu and Fitness in London
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2005, 14:27:13 »
Thanks aqui, i will get back fine - gonna take a walk.
Keep getting worried that the stuff I grow will taste nasty - or turn out poisonous!

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2005, 14:31:31 »
Have read a couple of 'have your say' bits on the beeb news site saying that some offices are preparing for staff to stay overnight!

Phoned my mum and dad back in Aus, after getting their 'you weren't in london today were you?' email, and the news back there was saying a similair thing about the schools - kids are being kept at school all day, without being able to get home!

Glad to hear that all A4Aers and their family in the London area are okay.
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2005, 14:54:12 »
I live and work in London but I'm on leave at the moment.  OH only got half way to work when they closed down the tubes so he rang me and then returned home safely.  Since I've heard I've been emailing, phoning and texting friends and family to let them know we're safe and to check on others.  I'm in state of shock and I'm horrified like everyone else.  What a world.   :(

G xx

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2005, 15:06:15 »
All our thoughts and love go to those hurt, injured and have lost loved ones. A terrible thing, there but for the grace of God go a lot of us. Let there be an end to it for goodness sake. We all knew it was coming after 9.11. but why? they only achieve more hatred.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2005, 15:18:40 »
Terrible. I would just like to send my heart felt feelings for those poor people who have been injured  and  to the families of those who have lost their lives.. I have a nephew who works in the area but he only works Sun Mon & Tues nights so I know he is safe. Especially my thoughts are with friends on this forum. Lorna.

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 15:25:20 »
Aqui- i too believe Al Queda are a fabrication- as yet there is nothing conclusive to say it was them but ayeone has decided it was- could just as easily been some 'other' nutters
I LOVE OP AMPS!

shaolin101

• Half Acre
    • Kungfu and Fitness in London
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2005, 15:31:21 »
If anyone wants to know who it could be here is one of the groups laying claim to it -

Statement claiming London attacks 
The BBC has located an Islamist website that has published a 200-word statement issued by an organisation saying it carried out the London bombings.
The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group not previously been heard of.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

Keep getting worried that the stuff I grow will taste nasty - or turn out poisonous!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2005, 15:56:31 »
well Mr Aqui has started his long journey home. I have no idea how long it's going to take or how he's going to manage it. There's talk of some of the stations reopening soon. But goodness knows what chaos they'll be in. To be honest I'm not too happy about him going near a station at all. But I'm sure they must have major security gong on.

We're hopefully be leaving work soon. We've been told we're not allowed to leave early, but we do flexitime so can go at 4. hopefully. My colleague's giving me a lift most of the way home.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2005, 15:59:12 »
Aqui, you take care, we will be thinking of you both.  There is a press conference on at the moment and they are hoping to have some of the buses running soon.

They now say 33 fatalities - those poor families and friends, it is so unfair.  My thoughts are with anyone touched by this.

ava_banana

• Acre
  • EmmaJane's handyman
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2005, 16:30:24 »
EJ - glad Ava is ok. Where in Hackney is your BIL? The traffic looks awful out of my window. I keep seeing the odd bus go by.

Aqui......BIL works on Hackney Marshes in the old Brewery Building in a company called Park (you can see it from the A12).

Unfortunately a lot of my staff are unable to get in today, so I am stuck here trying to organise replacements and pursuade the night shift that they will be able to get in........... :( ::)
....we are all visitors to this earth........enjoy your stay.....:)

giantseye

• Half Acre
  • I love my lottie
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2005, 17:06:13 »
It's a horrible scene from London today, so I hope everyone gets home safe and well.

Nice to see that people stayed calm, and aren't causing a fuss about getting home.

Our thoughts are with you all down there

Take care

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2005, 21:44:05 »
My God what is this world coming to.  My thoughts and prayers are with the bereaved families and the injured.
It took me about half an hour to get my son on his mobile i was beside myself,when it just kept on ringing, and i don`t know how many times it cut out after i tried to phone him, then the phone rang and it was him, (he said Mum don't just keep ringing twice and turning off the phone)i diden`t know whether to laugh or burst into tears at his voice, he was so sorry he didn't know i kept on getting cut off.  Thank God he was out of London today.
Aqui i hope by now hubby is home, and you are both relaxing a bit.
To everyone who has friends or relatives and waiting for them to get home i hope they will all be home by dark.  My God what a day. God bless A4Aers.

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2005, 22:27:11 »
All my thoughts are with you foks.Wich town is now on top of their list AMSTERDAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2005, 22:44:56 »
Just got in at 9pm after ferrying colleagues home all over north London and beyond since 4.30pm. I felt so sorry for those walking home on my route because, as if today wasn't bad enough, to cap it all the skies opened at 7 o'clock and down it came.
Georgie, glad you're on leave - you can imagine what our workplaces were like today.  At mine, they'd already set up beds in one of the conference rooms for staff who live too far away to get home.
My son was round the corner from the bus blast and almost drove right into it. He heard the blast and saw the debris flying. Luckily he does a mean u-turn.
One of my colleagues is married to a woman who works at Canary Wharf - where security was immediately heightened - and he got news from his wife round about lunchtime that police had shot someone in that area. Nothing more on that one, I'm afraid, and certainly nothing from any of the news agencies.
To all, hope you and yours are safe and well.

Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2005, 23:16:16 »
Hi Amazin',  I've been worried about you all day.  So glad to hear that you and yours are safe and well.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Annieapples

• Not So New ...
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2005, 04:42:09 »
My husband was due to be on the train that would have got him into Kings X just as the first bomb blew :o  So big thanks to the staff at our local station who stopped him and gave him the news as he tried to buy a ticket

I do hope everybody has good news of their people in the city, its 4am and I cant sleep, im going out in the garden to talk to my plants - even if im mad - at least they calm me down and help keep things in perspective ;)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2005, 10:15:25 »
Managed to get home safely last night. Took twice as long as normal and Mr Aqui (who got in ten minutes after me) took nearly three times the normal length. Buses were letting everyone on for free. Didn't sleep well - was having some pretty horrible dreams.

Glad everyone else got home ok.

Have we heard from Svea? I know she lives in London...

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2005, 11:03:23 »
Friend of mine was on the train on which 21 people died.

She got away with some serious cuts and being deafened by the blast for a while. the hospital patched her up OK, and she's recovering fine now (but probably still in shock).

I hope they find the evil people that did this. It was not a "military raid" as in their statement. It was an act of cowardice.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal