Author Topic: Red Admiral on Hebe  (Read 4433 times)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Red Admiral on Hebe
« on: July 02, 2005, 00:20:53 »
Been trigger happy with camera, apologies if I am a bore!!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Red Admiral on Hebe
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 01:18:22 »
Carol I am having a sleepless night so switched on the comp. How can you be a bore with a wonderful pic like that!!! Thans for sharing, more please. Lorna

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 09:42:44 »
Great photo - I had to stand still in the back garden yesterday for about 5 minutes because a Red Admiral decided it needed to have a bit of a rest and bask on my shirt.  At least I wasn't bored because I had something good to look at whilst i was standing there looking a bit strange  ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Carol

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 14:07:48 »
Thanks Lorna and RedClanger, I do like taking photos.  I have had a camera most of my life but got a new Digi. one so I am a bit trigger happy now.  I still can't get used to not having to 'pay' for each photograph.  Hope you managed to get back to sleep Lorna.  There is nothing worse than a sleepless night.

;) ;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 15:20:59 »
Carol. Finally got back to sleep at 4am. Had a long lay in 9am. Usually the pesky dog gets me up about 6.30am but as I am off to a Ruby Wedding do tonight she is in kennels. Spoilt thing she is never left in the house on her own but she loves the kennel maid. Our kids bought my late husband and I a digi camera for our Golden anniversary in 2002 and  I must have taken hundred of photos but unfortunately I am not much cop at photography. As you say nothing to pay!!! So it is not too bad when I mess up so many. (delete button has come in handy!! ) Regards Lorna

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 16:37:38 »
Beautiful picture, Carol.   :)

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 21:08:19 »

Wow! what a great pic,by the time l get my camera out for whatever it is................has usually gone LOL!................or the batteries need re charging  ::)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 22:03:02 »
What a beautiful photo Carol :)  The butterfly looks stunning next to the white flowers of the hebe.  Not boring at all :) :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

chriszog

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 16:32:39 »
Fantastic photograph, and not boring. Keep them comming Im still waiting for the first Red Admiral to arrive in my garden and your photo reminds me of how beautiful they are.
Regards
Chriszog

Mothy

• Hectare
  • My 4th season on my Lottie in Leicestershire.
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 22:58:50 »
Have to say that is a lovely piccy!!

Well done!

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 21:36:49 »
Hi Carol ! Sorry I missed this thread - Just wanted to say what a beautiful photo! Crips and clear - thanks for sharing with us.  ;D :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 11:30:29 »
 :) Wicked photo :) :)  digi's have changed my attitude to photography, stuff it in my pocket most times I go out the door on sunny days at least.  ;D ;D
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 15:14:06 »
Lovely, you are so lucky to see it and photograph it, I haven't seen one in my garden this year, lots of cabbage whites though.and plenty of bees.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 15:27:51 »
Nowhere near as good as your picture, Carol, but just had to share my good fortune in spotting this Red Admiral in my garden today.   :D

G xx

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

undercarriage plan

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 19:40:27 »
Beautfiul pics.  Don't know what's happened to the butterflies in my garden :-[ Seem to be visiting new resort this year.....Oh well, will have to resort to wasp watching....... :-\ Lottie

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2005, 19:45:45 »
I agree with you Lottie,  other than a few cabbage white I've seen very little this year :(
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2005, 20:25:58 »
I haven't had many either, just the odd Comma, Gatekeeper and Holly Blue.  But cabbage whites aplently!

G xx   

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2005, 20:52:03 »
super pic C ;D~digi cameras are fab-no more waiting for your pics to come back from the developers :)
i've also just seen cabbage whites,millions of bees & NOT ONE ladybird
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Carol

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2005, 21:00:17 »
Spotted those three at our local Garden Centre, lucky I had camera with me, in fact its always in my handbag now!!!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2005, 21:04:45 »
Wow, Carol, wonderful! I remember the days when we hadn't a clue!! I still don't half the time!!! Greenwizzard, I do have loads of ladybirds, am in Suffolk, but hardly any butterflies at all, save cabbage whites! Lottie ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal