Produce > Edible Plants

Ezethas Krombek Blauwschok

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hyacinth:
..the things we do differently in different countries, Ien ;D

In Italy, we drank our capucijners, sometimes with chocolate sprinkled on the top, at breakfast time  ::) - Lishka

rdak:
Ina,
I've only been to Holland 4 times, but have to say I like the Dutch food- except maybe your habit of putting a fried egg on top of everything!

budgiebreeder:
It's always good to hear about unusual crops that people are growing .I have sent for both catalogues mentioned onthese threads.It's interesting to try all the unusual fruit and vege as well as the old favourites.

ina:

--- Quote ---Ina,
I've only been to Holland 4 times, but have to say I like the Dutch food- except maybe your habit of putting a fried egg on top of everything!
--- End quote ---

Oh yuk. Sorry rdak but I never heard of that one, honest and I was born and raised here. I once did see a hamburger served with a fried egg on top, weird. Almost as weird as putting beans on a slice of toast hahaha.  If I were you, I wouldn't put a fried egg on the capucijners thinking it would make it tradionally Dutch, it wouldn't!

Ha haha, Lish, funneeee. Actually, capucijners are also a breed of monks you know.

cleo:
Which is where the name for the drink comes from.

But as regards mangetout I am a great fan of `Carouby de Maussane`

Stephan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version