Author Topic: Price hike in Greenwich on The One Show  (Read 2096 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Price hike in Greenwich on The One Show
« on: March 02, 2011, 19:06:33 »
Just been a feature with Dom Littlewood though no mention of the self management option.

gp.girl

• Hectare
Re: Price hike in Greenwich on The One Show
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 19:35:59 »
Just been a feature with Dom Littlewood though no mention of the self management option.

You beat me too it  :)

The legal bit was interesting though.
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

Kulak

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 19:37:57 »
Self management is not necessarily a good thing. My allotment site has been taken over by the local allotment society and they are raising rent by 86p a square metre form April. This will cost me over £100 extra to rent my allotment this year. I currently pay £23. This is a rise of over 400%!!
I have never been involved in any consultaion process and wonder if there is anyway of fighting this?

bluecar

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 20:04:20 »
Welcome A4A Kulak.

That seems exorbitant. Others on here will be able to tell you about the legal implications of such a price increase and the lack of notice. I notice that you say the management has been taken over which probably means your Council are still the owners of the allotments so you can raise it with them. I would also ask the allotment society to justify the increase that they are looking to impose on you and your fellow plotholders. Also try and get your fellow plotholders to work together to fight this increase. Why can't you as a site self-manage? Why has it gone to this allotment society?

Good luck.

Regards

Bluecar

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 21:16:18 »
Self management is not necessarily a good thing. My allotment site has been taken over by the local allotment society and they are raising rent by 86p a square metre form April. This will cost me over £100 extra to rent my allotment this year. I currently pay £23. This is a rise of over 400%!!
I have never been involved in any consultaion process and wonder if there is anyway of fighting this?
Hi Kulak, welcome to A4A.  I've started a thread for you so your plight doesn't get lost in the Greenwich discussion.  See you there.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal