Author Topic: Very slow order..  (Read 1578 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Very slow order..
« on: March 22, 2010, 10:55:47 »
Has anybody else had problems with Seeds-by-size...??
I ordered some seeds back in January, half of the order came very quickly but rest of it I'm still waiting.
I contacted the chap, first time no answer...
Few weeks later another try..and got answer back..."some of the seeds are now in stock"..and that's it!...
Nice to know that he's got them...but it would be even better to get them ::)
I have never had this problem with him before...

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Re: Very slow order..
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 11:45:34 »
It is begging the reply, dont buy off him again.

Having worked for mail order companies. (Before they invented the internet) Some items they took orders for, then, as soon as they got enough orders...Say 50 to get a decent discount from the manufacturer/supplier, they orderd that quantity and it went straight to the customers.

Three piece suites were not even made until they were ordered so there was never any storage costs.

Once the stuff was ready it was directly sent on to the customer.

The manufacturer would be paid three months in arrears too.

In those days the trick was to sell on buy now pay in installments, the law meant that there had to be a 25% deposit paid for hire purchase of new goods from shops but some how, mail order got away with no deposit  due to some loop hole.

So possibly your supplier is working a similar system of collecting orders then when there are enough, they are bought at a discount and sent out.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 12:48:13 »
It is quite possible that he works on those lines...
like I said I have bought seeds from him before, several years now..it is so maddening...
But once hurt,,,shan't touch anymore, not even with a bargepole..
I'll just give a another shot at it and I TELL him to send what he have in!!
We'll see...

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 21:59:32 »
I have often wondered how he managed to have so many seeds, some quite rare that I wouldn't have thought there was a big enough market for here, especially some of the hard to get to maturity squash, perhaps this is the answer.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 08:07:25 »
It has been going on and on and now silence...
First I got responce to my emails with various explanations...details lost..waiting for stock....I always save all emails, receipts untill my order has gone trough..I even had to send copy of payment transaction... ::)
But looks like seed-by-size has now run out of excuses and have resulted now for not answering at all  ::)..
I tried to be nice (yes me...nice ::) and offer a chance to send me alternative seeds instead..nope,nothing,nada,,
So now I'm left with last two thing....warning for you all about SEEDS-BY-SIZE....!!!!!!
and second...my last email to them to tell that I'm p---sed off with them and I have reported them to gardening communities around web too....
 ;D ;D..oh..that feels better....

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 14:12:33 »
Well..that definately did something...after weeks of silence and not reply...this came today...couple hours later from my email:

"Thank you for spreading word as it sis my health and my  receiving more orders then I can handle which is mainly at the root of the problem now just send me you address and I will refund you £6.00 and that will be the end of the matter.
Yours sincerely
John Size"

How many times I have sent my address for him... ::) Should I bother anymore...?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal