Author Topic: posting a pic  (Read 1491 times)

lizagrowbag

• Quarter Acre
posting a pic
« on: July 19, 2008, 16:55:32 »
this is the peice of land im taking on and making into a allotment  (if the photo works)

anyone wana give me an hand lol or anyone wana put some chain link fencing up for me i dont have a clue lol  omg!!!  it is  80f by 37f

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
Re: posting a pic
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 17:36:27 »
Lisa...whatever you,do not even try to do it all at once.

I think what you do need is a nice person to come along with a scythe and cut it down to ground level for you.If you are allowed you can then pile it all up and have a bonfire.

Then the hard work really begins with a fork and spade and getting in there and digging and weeding.Get some plastic sheeting or old carpets and cover the areas you are not working on.This wil help keep the weed down until you can get to them.

Of course,there is always weed killer but not everyone likes using that.I notice you have brambles too.They will need to be dug out.

Its not going to be easy but Im sure you will manage with a bit of help from some friends.Have a BBQ there and invite everyone around,but ask them to bring a spade too  ;D

Good luck!
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 19:00:30 »
Brambles are a real pain in the posterior in a garden as they're so deep rooted. They're good for bees, on the other hand, since the roots go down so far that they don't often fail to produce nectar in a drought. If you're not using chemicals, get out as much as you can, and then be persistent, pulling them out every time they reappear until they give up and die.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 19:01:56 »
I am sure by the start of next season it will all be clear and ready for a roaring year 8) 8)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 19:08:55 »
Good luck but as already said Take it easy!!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal