Author Topic: Grape Vine  (Read 1901 times)

botchituk

• Not So New ...
Grape Vine
« on: April 08, 2005, 21:26:31 »
Hi All,
I've just bought a grape vine (Sauvignon Blanc). It was half price in Woolies today (£1.49) :D and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me so that I can actually get a crop of useable grapes.
I plan to plant it outside of my greenhouse and feed it inside to grow, even though it says it can be grown outside. I think it will be a bit cool here on the coast for it to be outside. Is it likely to have any grapes on in it's first year?
Cheers All.
Howay the lads

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
Re: Grape Vine
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 19:09:33 »
Not really sure as am in East Kent and grapevines fruit fairly easily down here as we are fairly sheltered.  Sure someone in your area will be able to help you soon.  As long as it doesn't face north or east, you may have a fair chance but, as we tend to be in a bit of a microclimate here, can't offer any useful advice but wish you the best of luck.  If nothing else, you will have an interesting plant growth!

:D
Muddy Boots

Clayhithe

• Acre
  • Easy does it
Re: Grape Vine
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 19:17:17 »
Ours grows inside the ghouse ,  in the border.

I spent 2 years training the framework,  now we get loads of fruit every year on the laterals.

Stop the laterals two leaves after the flower trusses.

Trim back after fruiting,  then back to the framework when the leaves fall and definitely before Christmas
Good gardening!

John

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal