Author Topic: Leeks  (Read 1510 times)

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
Leeks
« on: May 21, 2014, 22:12:52 »
With thunder rumbling in the distance I just finished putting up my bean poles and planting out my leek seedlings . The thing is,  every year I always wish I,d grown more leeks...this year s the same .. is  it too late to sow some more ?

Trespassers will be composted !

Gordonmull

• Acre
  • Grangemouth. On clay, becoming clay loam...slowly
Re: Leeks
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 23:17:22 »
You're nowhere near me or I'd offer you as many little leeks as you like. I always oversow. Maybe someone nearby will be as heavy handed on the seed as i am.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 01:53:27 »
Well I hope it's not too late. I was hopelessly late this year and only just got some in yesterday. We'll see what happens!

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 07:43:03 »
Well , after all that torrential rain , I thought my leek seedlings would be washed away ..but they are fine and I didn,t have to water them in . Water butt is full again  :coffee2:  Thanks for the kind thoughts Gordenmull ,next year I will sow the whole packet . Silver leaf -  I just looked at your blog and I just love those red podded peas ! Outrageous ! Where did you get them ? Want Want Want !  :icon_cheers: 
Trespassers will be composted !

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 01:38:48 »
They aren't mine I'm afraid! They were grown by Rebsie Fairholm (http://daughterofthesoil.blogspot.co.uk/) and I just borrowed the picture.

My plan is to breed some myself since I absolutely love the idea of them and they are gorgeous. I'm going to cross Golden Sweet with Purple Podded, and with any luck I'll see red pods in 2016, and then it'll be some years after that before I get it stabilised. I'm happy to share seeds at any stage after next year if you want some...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal