Author Topic: Peas and Tomatoes  (Read 1829 times)

willsy

• Half Acre
Peas and Tomatoes
« on: June 03, 2013, 22:26:11 »
For some reason my second lot of peas don't seem to be moving! And my Tomato plants are doing the same. Any ideas people? Should I give them some Epsom salts ? or give them a feed?  :BangHead: :blob7:

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Peas and Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:16:14 »
Lots of people on our plots are having the same problems with peppers, toms and courgettes, getting to a small size but then not moving. Different compost for each person. Could it be the seeds? Some of the compost is getting a blu-ish tinge on top. A couple have tried re-planting in fresh compost so we'll have to see what happens

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 14:31:26 »
It has been very cold at night.    Tbe official reading have been down to 6C which means the actuals down at ground level in the open are possibly nearer 4 and there has been a very keen north wind.

I always think that plants like a good feed. 

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 16:23:11 »
I'm with Digeroo here - I know my soil is fertile and things haven't moved much for weeks.  However the temps are getting better (at least here in London) and I have noticed more growth over the last week or so than there has been for ages.  Toms are putting on growth - peas are flowering - I even picked a kohl rabi yesterday!!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 16:27:04 »
Just been told we had a frost on Sunday morning.  By the time most people were up it had long since melted and was looking bright and sunny. 

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 18:46:19 »
I think it's probably down to the night-time temperature, but this weather should be bringing that up. The morning chill has been noticeably absent the last couple of days.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal