Author Topic: Readicut rug  (Read 3189 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Readicut rug
« on: October 30, 2012, 16:57:53 »
At least someone appreciates all my hard work.  :happy7:

pumkinlover

Re: Readicut rug
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 17:45:27 »
I used to love doing those, and that is a really nice pattern.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 12:54:56 »
Aren't you clever!  I tried making one years ago and gave up halfway through.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 14:22:55 »
The pattern makes it interesting to make, one of the things I promised myself when I retired.  Just need a big house and a polished wooden floor in the hall to show it off.  (Dream on).  The first one I made (years ago) when I had a dog and cats, they were very interested and used to sit on it whilst I was trying to make it.  I made the first one when children had whooping cough or some infectious illness and I couldn't go out for over 6 weeks.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 15:21:58 »
Lovely rug and lovely cat,

I made a pair in my gap year, they were much cheaper then.  Still going strong.   I bought them a few packets at a time because I could not afford it all at once, so there is a little variation in colour but it does not notice.

But my mother found I had not got enough to finish and rung them up accusing them of not putting enough in the kit and they sent some extra.  It was years before I found out.    I thought it was strange I had enough to finish without buying some more.

Its a great hobby for keeping warm since once you have a nice woollen rug on your lap you do not notice the cold, and my room was very cold that winter.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 15:29:32 by Digeroo »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal