Author Topic: Cold Snap  (Read 8534 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Cold Snap?????
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2005, 09:56:13 »
Well, being, like, an Essex bird, I am havin' trouble understanding, like, your geordie banter...........

but then when eyes get back to my roots my 'ansome, and cum over all west country, eye knows exactly what you be talking abowt and can confirm that we 'ad an inch or so of snow which is still hanging arownd and there be some big black clowds on the horizon!

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re: Cold Snap?????
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2005, 11:49:32 »
Not being born of 'Dorset Stock' (part surrey, part hampshire, only born in Dorset.) I am afraid i cant oblige on local dialect. Sure when i talk i have an accent but cant type in it! Would have to look up William Barnes or Thomas Hardy for that

Would someone like to start a new thread so we can try and 'guess the dialect' ?

Back on topic, woke up to about 5 mm of snow this morning. Most of it has melted now though.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: Cold Snap
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2005, 12:37:11 »
Still snowing in East Sussex, they closed the kids school yesterday, much to most parents annoyance! By lunchtime it had mostly melted and the sun was out! (really annoyed parents at this point!!!) But as I type this we have a few cm's on the ground and more falling, and the kids are still in school! HURRAH!!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2005, 18:43:34 »
 ;D  I think RoyBham might be frum t'West Midlands.  I ad a bloke in my B & B last week from Dudley and was dead touchy abart folk calling it "Dud lie"  Ooooooh      It wernt me   ;)

I came, I saw, I composted

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2005, 23:07:28 »
Wardy ::) It's not "Dud-lie" it's "Dud-lay" Its "Dud-lie" if yow are frum Brum, but if yow are frum der "Black Countray its "Dud-lay" Okay ::) ;D ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2005, 15:46:41 »
Right Roy  :)  glad that's sorted  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2005, 16:07:35 »
Come on lets get back on topic. start a new thread for 'dialects' or i may have to lock the topic

Yellow Petals

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2005, 17:42:34 »
and you'll all be sent to your corners to write out one hundred times "I must not thread wander"

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2005, 17:57:06 »
Anyway back on topic.

Weather here in Dorchester:

Overcast, relatively mild and trying to rain. No sign of this snow they were 'promising'  for us.

Mind you that could change as darkness falls and it gets colder.

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2005, 18:20:17 »
*big raspberry to Richard* let it wander I say!

Hump no snow yet poop

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2005, 18:26:38 »
*big raspberry to Richard* let it wander I say!

Hump no snow yet poop

If/When the snow does arrive. I'll make sure i send it on down to Weymouthshire then! LOL

There is actualy a thread for dialects now. no need to go off topic on this one.

Beleive me if this forum were like another one I am member of we wouldnt be discussing it. The Moderators would've locked the thread long ago!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2005, 23:03:57 »
;D ;D ;D ;D sorry couldn't help myself ::)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2005, 23:06:38 »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But then Dan is cool and never uptight!  :P

Yellow Petals

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2005, 23:35:27 »
Behave yourselves you lot else you'll all be in detention! 

Yellow Petals

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2005, 23:36:46 »
Here there's a nice covering of snow once again (Essex) although I doubt it will last too long.  We've had lots of snow showers but it hasn't stayed settled for long periods at all. 

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2005, 08:33:59 »
If it looks like it might snow I'll have to go sit up Hardys Monument to get the full benefit!

And in a chit chat section of the site like this going off topic doesn't really matter (imo) but I agree on the other allotment relevant parts its annoying if you're searching threads if they don't actually talk about the title, or you miss out on something because its changed topic and you havent read all the posts.  (unless you're like me and read everything!!)

Mothy

• Hectare
  • My 4th season on my Lottie in Leicestershire.
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2005, 09:10:02 »
Snowing like mad and settling here at the mo (Leicester)!!  Makes yer laff doesn't it, if it snows the media hype it up to panic stations and if we have a mild winter they do the same 'cos of global warming!!  ???

TimJ

Carrie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2005, 09:26:47 »
It has been snowing all night here in London and hasfinally settled. t=The girls rushed out to build a (very small) snowman this morning before setting off for school. Doesn't look like conducive weather for allotmenteering this weekend and I was going to get my raspberries in:'(

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2005, 10:31:55 »
i need to dig over two sections of my plot where there has been a path for the last couple of years - i rearranged the layout to a 'small bed system' and this got in the way. not a worry, but i could do with at least the ground not being frozen. that would help.
still havent planted my garlic, either :( - and will see how my spinach /beet spinach (how does one tell the difference?) that i have inherited from the previous lottie holder has survived and whether it can be used. maybe i should have put the mini-cloches over it before the snow started.....
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2005, 14:33:51 »
Believe me if this forum were like another one I am member of we wouldn't be discussing it. The Moderators would've locked the thread long ago!

Yes but Dan is a very cool man that is why we are here not there.  Calm down Richard take a deep breath, stop worrying about such trivial things in life.  If Dan isn't happy he will do what needs doing so chill man.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 15:20:49 by rosebud »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal