Author Topic: Sad Announcement  (Read 10239 times)

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
Sad Announcement
« on: February 21, 2012, 18:26:31 »
It is with great regret that I have to tell you that 'Grandma' passed away suddenly yesterday at the age of only 68.

I know that without question she would have wanted me to express her heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you and to the group as a whole for being so welcoming and for being the window to the world of gardening that she loved so much.

'Grandma', Val, or Mum as my Sister and I knew her, had nothing but great things to say about this group and I know that it, and it's members, helped her through illness and sadness of her own over the years.  She thought of you all as friends and I thought it only fitting to share with you the happiness that you brought her over her 6 years with the group.

If it is acceptable to the moderator, I would very much like to check back in from time to time over the next week and perhaps if anybody who considered her a friend would care to leave a comment, I would be pleased to include a selection at the funeral service.

We thank you personally, and on behalf of our Mum. - God rest her soul.

Daren and Diane.
(Son & Daughter of our very much missed 'Grandma')

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: Sad Announcement
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 18:36:31 »
Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone here know. You must all still be in shock yet took the time to think of others. Do take care of each other at this sad time
Rach xxx
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 18:39:40 »
Oh thats sad, thoughts with you and all your familys, be strong.

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 18:43:03 »

So sorry to hear this, my deepest condolances to you, and your family.
   June

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 18:50:15 »
very sorry to hear this, my deepest sympathies to you all at this sad time.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 18:52:29 »
I am so sorry to hear this, what a shock it must have been for you.  I never met your Mum but she came across as a very caring person and she will be sadly missed here.
My sincere condolences to you and all your family.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 18:53:51 »
Very sad news indeed, Grandma was very much part of our family here on A4A and will be sadly missed. I remember when she knitted the rainbow jumpers in her Avator and said how much I liked them, she only offered to knit me one, that's what a great girl she was. She be tending them flowers upstairs as we speak, all the best to you and your family.
Kev.    :-*
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 19:04:45 »
So sorry to hear your sad news, We'll be thinking of you all

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 19:06:41 »
My condolences to you both and all other members of Grandma's family and friends. Thank you for posting here to let us know.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 19:09:01 »
Daren & Diane, at such a sad time thank you for taking the time to let us know your tragic news. Thinking of you all. Janet.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 19:11:30 »
So sad to hear about Grandma passing. We will miss her so very much.Please accept our sincere condolences
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

pumkinlover

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 19:11:57 »
I am sure many people will be saddened to hear this news. The only blessing is that your Mum is not likely to have suffered.
Grandma was a loved and respected member of this forum and I am sure that everyone will be very grateful to you for letting us know.
I  cannot see that there will be any problem with you signing on here to read the posts that I am sure will come in over the next few days.
I also admired the jumpers,  I am sure that you will treasure them along with the happy memories that you have of your mum.
xx Anne

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 19:16:19 »
She has been a lovely and lively member of this forum. Dear to us all. She will be very much missed. Our warmest thoughts are with her family at this difficult time. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. And what Pumpkinlover said....

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 19:18:32 »
I dont recall her ever posting anything that was less than generous to other members here - she will be missed by us all.  
I was just "talking" to her about her PC just last week..
I really dont think any of the mods mind you popping back in to check up on the thread - in fact I'm sure we are all touched by your kind words...
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 19:27:58 »
I, as one among many, will miss Grandma greatly.

Such a young age to be wandering off to help with the Big Chap's gardening upstairs.

Thank you Daren & Diane for taking the time to let us know the sad news. I guess thinking of others is a trait Grandma passed on to you.

We were fortunate to have had her as an AVA member.

Please do keep in touch with us.
Aden.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 19:32:39 »
Oh dear, what shame, we have shared a bit of banter over the last few years, but Grandma came across as a caring person with never a bad word for anyone. My condolences to the family in this sad time.

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 19:39:33 »
Such sad news. My condolences, and thanks for letting her family here know so quickly.
I've been looking back at her comments which were always sincere and upbeat. I'm sure that she'll be remembered with much affection by all of us.   
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 19:44:19 »
I too have looked over Grandmas comments,such a caring lady with a cracking sense of humour.
She'll be missed here.
Thinking of you in these difficult days .
Adele x
sanity is overated

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 19:46:01 »
So sorry to hear this news. As others have said , she came across as alovely lasy with a great sense of humour. love to you all xx

rugbypost

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 19:46:29 »
Hello, Daren, Diane I like everyone on A4A send my condolences to yo both and all your family.  I read this poem years ago its by an unknown writer any way I am not very good on the typing but this for you both.                                                  My Mother kept a garden.                                                                                                                                                A  garden of the heart,                                                                                                                                                   She planted all the good things,                                                                                                                                 That gave us live to start.                                                                                                                                              She turned us to the sunshine,                                                                                                                                      And encouraged us to dream,                                                                                                                                        Fostering and Nurturing,                                                                                                                                                 The seeds of self esteem.                                                                                                                                              And when the winds and rains come,                                                                                                                              She protected us enough,                                                                                                                                              But not to much, she knew we,d,                                                                                                                                     To stand up strong and tough.                                                                                                                                         Her constant good example.                                                                                                                                            Always taught us right from wrong,                                                                                                                                 Markers for our pathway,                                                                                                                                                To last our whole life long.                                                                                                                                              We are my Mothers Garden.                                                                                                                                            We are her Legacy,                                                                                                                                                        And I hope today she feels the love,                                                                                                                                 Reflected back from both of us   Daren  Diane                                                                                                                  This is to say you are in all our thoughts sorry about the typing
m j gravell

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal