Author Topic: Grumpy woman's rant...  (Read 32851 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Grumpy woman's rant...
« on: September 29, 2011, 09:21:09 »
Why is it..
That cyclist don't use the cyclist paths when there is those available?..nobody walking on there..just straight and long cycling paths...it should be heaven for a good pedaling..instead they are balancing on the edge of the road being danger to themselves and nuisance for drivers.... >:(
That motorcyclist take liberties to mingle between cars as they see 'fit'?..coming from behind the cars and squeezing in between without warning..and drivers get blamed if something goes wrong.. >:(
That drivers in supermarket car parks don't care about which way the traffic is supposed to go?..regardless of the signs..nor things like indicators seem to work anymore on carpark situation.. >:(
That when you receive message from courier company of the allocated delivery time..the order never arrive?..and when you want to contact them there is only automated line to deal with..and they want you number from the 'calling card' from failed delivery..BUT I didn't get the failed delivery nor the card in first place!!!.... >:(
That when you are trying to contact supplier for the failed delivery..supplier has automated customer service?.. and will be 'very happy' to return their call to the number customer leaves within 10 mins. ...well 'happy' call didn't materialized.. >:(
So that's my last 24 hrs in 'short form'.. ::)..rant over for now.. ::) I wonder what next 24hrs will bring...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:23:09 by goodlife »

Dandytown

• Hectare
    • Pumpkins Growing Diary
Re: Grumpy woman's rant...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 09:24:58 »
Let me know if you are in Nottingham today and I'll stay off my bike  ;)

I recerved a card yesterday from FedEx telling me they tried to deliver a package.  Went to get it the next day as per their instructions and the driver had taken it our again. cotrary to the instructions.  I had to meet him to get the parcel so that I could sow my green manure in this fine weather.

Got it in the end  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:26:52 by Dandytown »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 09:26:36 »
 ;D...as long as you stay on cyclist paths you'll be safe.. ;D

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 09:35:22 »
Why is it..
That cyclist don't use the cyclist paths when there is those available?..nobody walking on there..just straight and long cycling paths...it should be heaven for a good pedaling..instead they are balancing on the edge of the road being danger to themselves and nuisance for drivers.... >:(
That motorcyclist take liberties to mingle between cars as they see 'fit'?..coming from behind the cars and squeezing in between without warning..and drivers get blamed if something goes wrong.. >:(
That drivers in supermarket car parks don't care about which way the traffic is supposed to go?..regardless of the signs..nor things like indicators seem to work anymore on carpark situation.. >:(
That when you receive message from courier company of the allocated delivery time..the order never arrive?..and when you want to contact them there is only automated line to deal with..and they want you number from the 'calling card' from failed delivery..BUT I didn't get the failed delivery nor the card in first place!!!.... >:(
That when you are trying to contact supplier for the failed delivery..supplier has automated customer service?.. and will be 'very happy' to return their call to the number customer leaves within 10 mins. ...well 'happy' call didn't materialized.. >:(
So that's my last 24 hrs in 'short form'.. ::)..rant over for now.. ::) I wonder what next 24hrs will bring...

Just slightly sexist this...  ;D Why can't it be grumpy old person as I'd echo everything above here!!

As a cyclist I particularly agree with keeping the maniacs off the road when there's a decent cycle path available.
All lycra and "look at me - speedy" attitude. They should be fined.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:37:48 by Aden Roller »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 09:37:31 »
Code: [Select]
Why can't it be grumpy old person..because I don't commit being old... yet.. ;)

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 09:39:09 »
I am forced to cycle in the road as joggers wearing earphones take over our cycle paths round our way! Id much rather be in the road the way people drive
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 09:40:55 »
I am forced to cycle in the road as joggers wearing earphones take over our cycle paths round our way! Id much rather be in the road the way people drive
rather be in the cycle paths i meant!!!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 09:43:33 »
rather be in the cycle paths i meant!!!

I fancy getting myself one of those double horns for the bike (the type my dad had on his car years ago). I have a trailer to hold a 12 volt car battery.. Wouldn't it be lovely to pedal up behind the joggers and give the B***ers a blasting!!  :o  ;D  ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 09:45:26 »
I would love to cycle but save the lives of people on bikes evey day.........wobble wobble in front of you........pull well out in case they fall into my path.

Crawl behind them when I can't pull out into oncoming traffic :-X :) I agree a bike is a great way to travel but only on cycle paths .

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 09:45:43 »
Code: [Select]
Why can't it be grumpy old person..because I don't commit being old... yet.. ;)

Skip the old bit then.  ;)  ;)

Personally at "making my way towards" 60 I'm quite happy to be "old" and wise and "get out of my way you lot!!"  ;D

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 09:47:08 »
Why do supermarkets always put their slowest staff on the express checkouts?

Why can't you just buy a face cream for old women with dry skin? - instead you have to decode L'Oreal's marketing jargon to work out which one you are supposed to buy.

Why do all the clothes in the shops look like old rags before you have even washed them once?

Why are all washing machines cold fill only?  Sometimes I want to do a hot wash and not have it take 2-and-a-half hours.

Modern life is rubbish.

< /rant>

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 09:49:11 »
I would love to cycle but save the lives of people on bikes evey day.........wobble wobble in front of you........pull well out in case they fall into my path.

Crawl behind them when I can't pull out into oncoming traffic :-X :) I agree a bike is a great way to travel but only on cycle paths .

Some of us who haven't got cars can't only use cycle paths...there are so few of them about.... we wouldn't get far at all. Public transport is squeezed in our area so there are fewer routes available. It's walk / cycle or not allowed out of our homes.

Sorry to slow you speedy guys but there are times when we just have to do what a cyclist does.... try to keep out of your way as much as possible but......

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 09:57:04 »
I would not rant about the cyclist if it would be a case of sharing the road...but when there is pavements..clearly marked for cyclist to use..nobody jogging or with prams..just straight long country roads..free to speed and pedal as much as they can get out of their 'little' legs...but no..some even have their shopping bags on the handle bars and doing some serious wobbling.. ::)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 09:57:57 »
Why do supermarkets always put their slowest staff on the express checkouts?

Why can't you just buy a face cream for old women with dry skin? - instead you have to decode L'Oreal's marketing jargon to work out which one you are supposed to buy.

Why do all the clothes in the shops look like old rags before you have even washed them once?

Why are all washing machines cold fill only?  Sometimes I want to do a hot wash and not have it take 2-and-a-half hours.

Modern life is rubbish.

< /rant>

Those were the days my friend. My mum's twin-tub was a doddle. In with the hose-pipe, hot water on (when the boiler was well stoked) and one fill did the weekly wash.

As for face creams.... I'm not sure one has been invented that'd make much impression on this old wrinklies weather-beaten mug.

I don't need to buy newly distressed clothing.... mine often looks that way.  ;D

The joys of getting older. I'm looking forward (but no rush thanks) to owning one of those 8mph pavement scooters, wearing dark glasses and my walkman then setting off through over into and around town on it.

meter rat

• Not So New ...
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 09:59:20 »
Why is it when I cycle, people let their children run all over the cycle path that is adjacent to the footpath. Cars park in  the cycle laneon the road. Motorists who will not move over to a low motorbikes to pass, some deliberately even move more to the middle of the road. Car mirrors are in line with the panniers on my bike. Women who are more interested in the scrating (Ilkeston for crying) brat in the back seat of the car, than concertrating on the road. I agree with the bit about cars that seen to have inoperative indicators. Cyclists who ride without lights are a danger to themselves. Parents who allow little Johnny to say out at night riding his/her bike without lights, then won't allow their children to do anything dangerous like going climbing with a youth club.

Yes I am a motorcyclist  ;D and ride a bike, rode bike to the allotment last night and to youth club. That was last night and this mornings events,  going to work. The trip home will no doubt involve the person coming out of Tescos without looking and sliding around on the horse poo that is prevelent in the area.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 10:07:26 »
I would not rant about the cyclist if it would be a case of sharing the road...but when there is pavements..clearly marked for cyclist to use..nobody jogging or with prams..just straight long country roads..free to speed and pedal as much as they can get out of their 'little' legs...but no..some even have their shopping bags on the handle bars and doing some serious wobbling.. ::)

Oh good.
So I'm not alone in thinking that if a pavement is empty, the road full of fast moving motors and parked cars often on both sides if not just the one, then it's not a bad idea if I go carefully and not fast, to cycle on the pavement out of the way. I feel less threatened and cars can continue to rush head long into the next traffic hold up without taking my handlebars with them.

Please note: when there are pedestrians on pavements I never put them at risk - I stay off.

I'm very happy to do my best to stay out of the way. I just want a bit of space on the planet and will happily give way to anything faster but I simply can't stay shut indoors all of the time.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 10:07:38 »
Arrggh!...don't start me with children.. ::)
Children should be banned from cars until they are old enough to behave..in their mid-30's?
Then all the screaming issues should have calmed down.. ;D
I do admit..I have met odd few well behaved..so I shouldn't call them all..and parents... ::)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:17:29 by goodlife »

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 10:16:13 »
Cycle paths shoud be banished from the kingdom. Get back on the road where you belong and as for it getting to dangerous to share the road with killer vehicles. It's called natural selection.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 10:22:24 »
As a cyclist in London who rides every day I can say without a doubt that cycle lanes are a figment of a fevered imagination!  If they do exist they are almost totally useless.
I ride on the road and I prefer it that way -  I am twice as quick on a bike as a car over the few miles I ride to work...
I could rant about the thousands of people a year that motorists kill and injure but it's far more important to worry inconvieniencing a few drivers..

Just for your amusement...

From the beeb

From treehuger

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

meter rat

• Not So New ...
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 10:25:41 »
It's called natural selection. Cull the motorist who can't make progress in traffic.  ;D ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal