Author Topic: Personel Alarms  (Read 2775 times)

Good Gourd 2

• Half Acre
  • My minature allotment.
Personel Alarms
« on: June 24, 2011, 08:03:07 »
Has anyone else thought of using a personel alarm to ward of anyone trying to get into their  allot sheds.  Just  hook it to  2 cup hooks one on the frame and one on the door, so that it anyone pulls the door open 130 dec sound.  (leave enough give to be able to set it on closing the door.)

lavenderlux

• Acre
Re: Personel Alarms
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 09:26:32 »
Yes - I already use one for this purpose.  When we had some break-ins a year or so ago the local police came along to talk to us about shed security and gave us some of these with instructions how we could use them in sheds.  Mine is fixed so that a long nail pushed into a hole drilled in the door to hold back a lever which stops it going off - you remove the nail to set the alarm - my husband likes making 'gadgets'!!!!
Its ear piercing if you forget to put the nail in when you unlock the shed and then you have to quickly cancel the alarm by pressing the code buttons

GeeGee

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 18:52:23 »
What a brilliant idea! Have a few uses I can think of for something like that.

Where would one buy such a thing?

I bought my daughter a personal alarm years ago, but that was just one where you pushed the button in. Also for the life of me I can't remember where I got it!

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 19:27:04 »
What a great idea. I know I would keep setting the thing off myself though, my memory is not so good!

Good Gourd 2

• Half Acre
  • My minature allotment.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 21:25:53 »
I think B and Q do them for about a £5.  I am going to look around and I will pass on any High St shops that do them.  I did see on the internet  a firm that sells them in 10 for about £4 each, may be a good idea for an allotment assc to buy in bulk then sell on.

GeeGee

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 14:21:49 »
Thanks for that Good Gourd.

It would be a very good idea for allotment association to buy in bulk too. The amount of sheds, etc etc that I have in mind to use these (plus 5) think I might be looking at bulk buying myself!  ;D

Only joking, think I'd try one at a time cos OH not the best with alarms and he might well set them all off at once if I suddenly alarmed everything.  :o

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 15:11:28 »
I've got shed alarm system that is battery operated..I bought it couple of years ago for about £15. And it has solar powered battery unit that keeps it recharged...I haven't changed batteries yet.
It was really easy to install and its turned on and of with little plastic key.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal