Author Topic: Aminopyralid Review Meeting Action Please  (Read 13132 times)

staris

• Acre
Re: Aminopyralid Review Meeting Action Please
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2009, 23:43:08 »
if dow are watching this thread, how about you reply to your emails  >:(

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2009, 23:54:25 »
staris, have you tried this addy?  Colin Bowers is the person who replied last year to emails.

CRBOWERS@dow.com

The other emails I have are:

UKHotline@dow.com

DowAgroSciencesUK@dow.com

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 07:45:25 »
I got a response from dow on

manurematters@stewardship-ltd.co.uk

Our problem seems to come associated with woodchippings and this is contrary to expectations.  So this might show there is another way for this stuff to get transmitted.  I am trying to find out how the aminopryalid got there, but because the manure containing the chippings is quite old I am concerned that the trail will go a bit cold.  I have come across a reference to the rotted hay being washed out and the aminopryalid being concentrated. 

The web site manurematters is very clearly dow, but the emails were not so clear.

staris

• Acre
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2009, 08:48:08 »
staris, have you tried this addy?  Colin Bowers is the person who replied last year to emails.

CRBOWERS@dow.com

The other emails I have are:

UKHotline@dow.com

DowAgroSciencesUK@dow.com

thanks ceres i'll try the top one i've tried the other 2, maybe they are hoping i might just go away as i''ve asked them when they are going to removed my manure  ;D

amphibian

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2009, 19:54:16 »
Am I right in thinking Dow is a 'partner' of Monsanto?

Not friends of organic farmers are they.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 19:56:31 »
They're not friends of anyone - think napalm and agent orange  >:( >:( >:(
The Tuscan Beaneater

Gbar

• Not So New ...
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 05:55:58 »
Hi Gbar, you seem to know goes on behind the scenes with respect to aminopyralid.  Perhaps you could declare your interest so that we can put your posts in context?  Thanks.

Hi Ceres

Yes I do know a little of what goes on behind the scenes.  I have worked in the industry for over 30 years and am at present an independent stewardship advisor.    I run the Manurematters web site for Dow, and Digeroo it has been very clear all along that this web site has been run by Dow; they have their name and logo at the top of each page so there has been no masquerading. 

You also know that I have have answered all you e-mails promptly and I will continue to do so.

No Dow are not a partner to Monsanto they are completely separate companies.

Ceres I hope that puts my posts in context.   I am happy to respond to any emails that you would like to send me through Manure Matters or as Digeroo say's through manurematters@stewardship-ltd.co.uk

If you don't mind I will still chip in if there is any point I can clarify.

Gbar

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2009, 09:38:30 »
Thank you for coming clean Gbar.  There is as much bad information as good on this subject and we can only make sense of it by understanding the sources.  Now we know you work for Dow, we can assess your contributions accordingly.

Apart from running manurematters, do you report back to Dow on what members of the forums you have joined are saying/asking about Dow/aminopyralid either formally/informally?  Is that part of your remit?

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2009, 10:23:48 »
the scenes.  I have worked in the industry for over 30 years and am at present an independent stewardship advisor.    I run the Manurematters web site for Dow,

Please could you explain how you can be indepentent and run a web site for dow.

Your emails do not state dow, so I still believe you are masquarading. 

The stewardship for this product appears to be heavily reliant on pieces of signed paper, and I fail to understand how these are going to protect gardeners and allotmenteers.  They are designed to protect dow. 

Please could you explain who precisely wants this product,  am I right it is rich horsey people?  Do these people care for anyone but themselves?

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2009, 10:55:36 »
Please could you explain how you can be indepentent and run a web site for dow.

Independent = freelance/self-employed.  Not independent as in unbiased/impartial.

Your emails do not state dow, so I still believe you are masquarading. 

If you used the manurematters email address, you clicked on it on a page that has a Dow Agroscience banner and a Dow copyright notice at the foot.  Who did you think was going to reply to the email if not Dow?  They have never made a secret of being the owner of manurematters.  In fact they took out large adverts in the gardening press about it.  It's one of the things they chose to do to try to get aminopyralid approvals re-instated.  There are threads about it on A4A from the tail end of last year.  I bumped one for you.  It's old news.  The website doesn't matter.

Please could you explain who precisely wants this product,  am I right it is rich horsey people?  Do these people care for anyone but themselves?

Do farmers qualify as rich horsey people?   ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2009, 11:02:20 »
Actually I got an email from manure matters seemingly out of the blue.  Assume they either picked it up from my profile or when I emailled dow.

amphibian

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2009, 21:05:49 »
No Dow are not a partner to Monsanto they are completely separate companies.

I disagree, Dow and Monsanto have formed a 'Global Partnership' they announced it themselves in 2006. To my understanding Dow AgroSciences LLC is a subsidiary of the two companies. Dow and Monsanto cross license intellectual properties and technology properties. Dow having rights to develop hybrids that combine Monsanto's 'Round-up ready' technology with their own technologies.

They have worked in partnership on several products, they are partners.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2009, 21:51:19 »
They have worked in partnership on several products, they are partners.

Here:

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?id=16471

As a sub-contractor running the website, I doubt if Gbar is qualified or authorised to make those kind of statements on behalf of Dow, but maybe he'll correct me and tell us exactly what his remit is.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2009, 16:04:51 »
thanks ceres i'll try the top one i've tried the other 2, maybe they are hoping i might just go away as i''ve asked them when they are going to removed my manure  ;D

staris, if you haven't had a response yet try the UKHotline@dow.com again.  I contacted the ACP on the current unresponsiveness of Dow.  They were surprised as this email is the one their project manager provided for all enquiries and said they would go back to Dow.  I've just had a response to my outstanding query, so worth you trying again maybe?

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2009, 19:50:35 »
Hello folks
Doent it seem like this is such a long and miserable time that Dow have subject us to. I'm glad that those partisan non gardeners who have

no tips hints or help to share just company standpoint and spin have finally revealed themsleves.
I dont like the way he singled out ceres. There are many of use standing with her and behind her.

anyway there is a new petition to try to prevent the go ahead for Dow and thier customers to ruin more soil and damage seemily forever organic local food production in a community. its at this link http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/aminopyralidban/sign
please sign and make it clear that we are not going to go away and if anything more peoples plots and gardens have been ruined since the last petition.

staris

• Acre
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2009, 20:10:45 »

staris, if you haven't had a response yet try the UKHotline@dow.com again.  I contacted the ACP on the current unresponsiveness of Dow.  They were surprised as this email is the one their project manager provided for all enquiries and said they would go back to Dow.  I've just had a response to my outstanding query, so worth you trying again maybe?

thanks ceres, i've now had a reply saying they will be in contact soon to discuss arrangements.

and thanks for posting the petiton link sunloving, i've signed it.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2009, 22:25:12 »
Signed it. So far the only response to anything I've signed has been a self-serving account of what they claim they're doing already, but we have to try.

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2009, 20:34:54 »
Signed it too.  I'm following all this with interest and am 100% behind Ceres and all of you who are working so hard to keep this awful stuff out of our lives.  Well done all  :)

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

bigshod

• Not So New ...
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2009, 22:10:54 »
C'mon Ceres, sign the petition!

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2009, 21:09:40 »
I know nothing about the Aminopyralid problem as I have not bought any manure for over 25 years, I make my own compost and have always thought that is the best. I do however remember that  back in the 50 s when we grew cucumbers and tomatoes on straw bales that you sometimes ran into trouble from the selective weedkillers being released as the straw rotted. Do we really need all this manure for our veg, I grow most types of veg. with no problems with out buying manure, in fact if I did buy I could not get it to my garden.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal