Author Topic: Walking-stick raffle  (Read 3431 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Walking-stick raffle
« on: June 07, 2009, 20:05:54 »
It's been quite a time since this one was running, due in main to it's popularity, both as a raffle and sales outside of the raffle!
 It's taken a couple of years to make and build-up a new stock of sticks, but with around 30 ready and a few more well on the way, I thought I'd test the waters so to speak.
 If enough people are interested I'll keep some back for the raffle and A4A sales. (Heading UK this month and there's quite some interest from E.Yorks, must be a good walking place).
 Here's a glimpse of a few.
Ken.
[attachment=1]

Hector

• Hectare
Re: Walking-stick raffle
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 20:09:28 »
My goodness, you are very talented!
Jackie

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 20:47:14 »
They are beautiful but how would you get one in a jiffy bag? :-[

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 20:50:26 »
I'm in- let us know how the raffle will work.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 22:27:00 »
Me too, for the raffle Ken........I have admired your work for a long time........ ;D ;D ;)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

staris

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 10:46:02 »
i would be interested in the raffle or purchasing a stick from you  :)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 12:23:05 »
They are beautiful but how would you get one in a jiffy bag? :-[

P&P to UK takes about 10/14 days, but there's not been any problems reported so far.
Ken.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 16:02:43 »
i bought one of Kens sticks a couple of years back for my Dad. It is really lovely and my Dad uses it a lot.  Think I might get one myself, a good blackberrying  stick is what i need.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 19:48:13 »
i bought one of Kens sticks a couple of years back for my Dad. It is really lovely and my Dad uses it a lot.  Think I might get one myself, a good blackberrying  stick is what i need.

Well now. Funny you should mention that, Sarah.
 A while back my mother was after a stick to reach blackberries and raspberries. It had to be a stick long enough to reach them but be a stick she could comfortably walk with!
 It also had to be able to stand up to the 'harsh work' such gathering entailed. Oh! And it had to 'grip' the stem, not slide along it and knock all the fruit off!!
 Took me weeks to find something I could fashion....but I did eventually find something good enough.
 It was long enough. I made it tough enough and I fashioned a 'hook' on the top that also served as a grip. Perfect tool for what she wanted.
 Then she moved from Rural Lancashire to the suburbs of Beverley! Not many blackberries round where she lives now.
 Anyway, what I have is a perfect all round stick to suit the requirements. I'll pic and post later.
Ken.

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 10:20:36 »

Oh thats a good idea. It's the thing that i walk about in aug/sept thinking would be a good idea and then forget the rest of the year. Plus if i had one with a hook on the end i could round up the kids with it ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal