Author Topic: yippie  (Read 1332 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
yippie
« on: January 14, 2009, 00:51:24 »
Well tomorrow we are going to be accepting an offer on our house and confirming an offer on another place. So excited :)

Although the back garden is nice and big i am not going to be able to afford a greenhouse for a while but when i do i will be able to lean this against a wall. And 1/3 the garden is going to be for veggies :)

I cant wait although i will miss my allotment i think i am going to enjoy the challange of growing more seasonal crops i can tend rather than planting and abandoning to the elements on the lotty.

I have a friend who is going to manage my plot as i have only just renewed it and i can move stuff from it later in the year when i have the space ready for it :)

Any tips on lean 2 greenhouses and growing stuff in the garden would be appreciated. I am thinking that i am going to have about 14-6ft by 20ft to grow stuff in and the greenhouse is going to be about 10ft long by 4 to 6 ft possibly with power....

Fruit trees are going to be planted in the flower boarders and i dont think i am going to bother with berrys at the moment. Rhubarb is going to be planted under a tree that the developers have planted in the garden....

Oh, at the moment there is no grass just mud and i will be putting in raised beds but what should i use for the paths??? Any ideas??? Perhapse paving slabs over membrane?

Yippie Yippie Yippie !!!

Cam

Vony

• Acre
Re: yippie
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:11:26 »
There must be movement in the market place, because we've just sold our home as well after being on the market for over a year, yep and exchanged contracts yesterday.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 08:51:21 »
pretty house !!! All that snow we only had an inch here.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:04:40 »
Hope it all goes well, Camborne..I think paving over mambrane is the best way, keep the weeds away , just the right time to start planting all the trees, too , good luck in your new home  ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 09:15:39 »
thanks hon!! And i can plant loads of spuds which will help condition the soil :)

FUN FUN FUN

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 13:18:58 »
Good luck Cam.

What a lovely house Vony...you've sold it???!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal